Smile experiment, who would like to join?

Joszax

I hate those smug smiling dolts! Who do they think they are?!

Just kidding! :lol:

I find that smiling usually does improve others reaction to you in some form, but it depends who the person is. When smiling, Some people will give a smile back and initiate a conversation. Others who don't look so happy to begin with will keep a grimace on their face, but they will still be kind in conversation. At least, they will be kind compared to when you talk to them with neutral or frowning lips.

I'm lucky enough to have something of a reverse smile. I smile when I'm happy, but for some reason I also smile when I'm really angry or stressed. Of course, it doesn't imply for all the feelings in-between

coolguy2005

Here is a little definition of mine.

"Fake smiling" is effective because it will make you feel better about yourself. This is supported by research studies.

"Smiling" is effective because it attracts other people to you. It is an indication that you are happy about yourself.

You can't go wrong with smiling(in any form) see?

young

though what about smiling at the opposite sex. It shows that yuor interested in them. Whether you are or not. You could just be smiling to be friendly or say hello. Though 9 out of 10. When I smile at someone or say hello to them. They just keep on walking. Could be that i'm completely ugly. But oh well. Can't change that.

4myself

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies!. I should clarify first off, when I said smile at people I meant people that you already know, not complete strangers as that could be dangerous as they might misread your intentions. The only people I have had contact with since yesterday are my boss, who looked highly puzzled when I smiled, I am usually so busy concentrating that I forget to smile around him, and my family who also smiled in a puzzled way, so far the results are 3 highly puzzled people :) . I shall continue on this intrepid experiment and see how many other people I can confuse.

PhantomPod

I think I always have a pissed off face when I'm walking down the street. I'll sometimes try to do a little smile, like without showing my teeth, but it feels so weird and awkward trying to keep my face like that. lol. So I just continue on with my mad looking face.

At one of my old jobs, this kid I worked with (who I happened to have a huge crush on) once asked why I never smile. I thought it was weird, because I think that I laugh and smile a lot. Especially around him, since I liked him so much. So I really didn't know what to say to him. I think I just blushed and said "I do smile." Then he insisted that I do a big smile for him, so I just did a big cheesy smile :D to appease him. lol.

Chilling__Echo

i agree with you PhantomPod, i too have that pissed off face, i feel like sometimes i smile at strangers so as not to intimidate them. i try and smile at everyone anyway. so far i've had alot of success!!

everyone should try this

and this is really late but thoughtless i love that pic!!!

last night i was reading the shining and my roommate was out of the room and i turned out the lights and i creeped myself out so much! ironic that you have that pic up there :D

heeeeere's jonny!