Smiling Problem

DarkWarriorXII

I've been having an awkward problem that seems to only be happening when I'm at work. (I work in an office, to put this in context.) Whenever I meet with someone to go over an assignment, or if I have a question, etc., the whole time they're talking to me I smile. And not like a pleasant smile, but a full smile-for-the-camera smile. I try to hold it back as much as possible, but I just can't seem to break this habit. I try all the tricks: clearing my mind, telling myself to be serious/stop smiling, focus intently on the person and their words, etc.

Nothing seems to work, except when I look away or write something down. So a lot of times I'll just pretend to be writing so I don't have to look at the person. But that's stupid, and it prevents me from looking the other person in the eyes.

I'm just afraid they think I'm laughing at them or something, which obviously I'm not. Not to mention I probably look funny sitting there smiling when we're discussing serious work...

Any tips or advice? Has anyone else gone through something like this? Thanks.

Metal_isthe_Answer

This kind of happens to me, but usually when the conversation is filled with an awkward pause, or its that one co worker I really like