So stressed

Morgan01

IM SO ****ING PISSED

I posted yesterday about how my boyfriend and I were thinking about moving to northern california. Well I mentioned it to my parents and my mom's girlfriend's response was pretty much that's not happening.. and said she would take cameron.. who the **** are you she is MY DAUGHTER?!?!?!?

I feel like I am trapped in some lifetime movie and can''t get out!!!!
Viewers at home please turn channel immiedietely!

I don't think they would really go to court because they don't have much money but I mean who knows because they are crazy and surprise me every second..
she went on trying to manipulate me to not go there... saying his family doesn't know me they don't know what they are gettig into, once they realized whatI'm like they would tell him to run far and he'd leave me.
They said no other family would want me basically. that I'm not emotionally stable. That Tommy will run away when things get tough. That I won't have anyone and it will be horrible for cameron and we will make it hard for her and fight in front of her all the time.

I got sent home from work because I was just sobbing thinking of all the possibilities and I couldn't even believe they really had said this and it was happening..

Although I don't think they will go to court they might call his family.. or my therapist.. or whoever else.. whatever they can think of.

It really is just hoop after hoop to jump through with these people. as if I don't have enough problems.
She kept going on about she is my only support.. how is that being supportive... like wtf.. being supportive is letting your kid do what they think is right and being there for them no matter how it turns out. in my opinion.

I have two more months in this house and it may seem like a short time but things are getting so much worse so fast I dread the next two months. I can't wait to get out of here. and if they want to fight me through this then I am going in guns blazing. This is my life ! My daughter!!!! and They are not taking any of it! I have been fighting them for a long time and I am not giving up now.

The stress just keeps coming though. I just can't give up and have to know I am strong and it WILL be ok. and I need some support and to vent everything here.

also I know this might not apply to OCD but I didn't know which thread to post it under.. but I really wanted to post it. so yeah sorry if that messes anything up

Perfidion

Misery loves company, and it sounds like they're just trying to keep you around so they don't feel like they're the only ****-ups in the world. Selfish. If they don't have the money to fight for custody, she's probably just making hollow threats -- trying to intimidate you into staying. Besides, given your mother's track record, what sane judge would grant them custody? Don't let them get to you. You're the child's mother, and you're your own person. Do what's best for the both of you. Leave. ASAP.

Morgan01

Yes I think you are right. Everyone keeps telling me these things but sometimes I seem to let them convince me they are right and drain me of all my happiness and strength..

then other times I fill up with rage and strength and want to take everyone on..

I don't know if either are good..

I am sure it could never happen I just feel like why do they put me through this.. why do they make everything harder.. and then tell me I am making everything harder than it has to be.. "if you just lived in our misery and did everything we wanted then we wouldn't do that" ..it just seems like bullshit.. will it ever end?

Perfidion

It'll end when you say 'Enough!'. Go with the rage. Anger is generally a negative emotional response, but it can also be an incredible motivator. Use it. Get yourself out of that shitty situation and you'll be so much happier. Sometimes you don't know how powerful you can be until your back is against the wall. You can do it. Believe in yourself.

getbornagain

Don't ever let anyone take your child from you. And don't ever let people manipulate you... the OCD manipulates you enough as it is. Try to be as free as possible.

Satine

IM SO ****ING PISSED

I posted yesterday about how my boyfriend and I were thinking about moving to northern california. Well I mentioned it to my parents and my mom's girlfriend's response was pretty much that's not happening.. and said she would take cameron.. who the **** are you she is MY DAUGHTER?!?!?!?

So if you're such a burden on your family, wouldn't it be best for your mother if she encouraged you to be independant? (Not that you are, I'm saying from your mum's perspective.)

she went on trying to manipulate me to not go there... saying his family doesn't know me they don't know what they are gettig into, once they realized whatI'm like they would tell him to run far and he'd leave me.

Bah, he made a decision to be with you based on his knowledge of what you're like. Families can be manipulative, but if he really loves you and understands you (you know how good your relationship is), he'll stick with you. If you two are happy then it would be foolish of them to try to come between that.

And that's assuming they would in the first place.

They said no other family would want me basically.

And they know that how exactly? What a catty thing to say!

That Tommy will run away when things get tough. That I won't have anyone and it will be horrible for cameron and we will make it hard for her and fight in front of her all the time.

I'd say that Tommy already has it 'tough', if I may put it like that: he's looking after a child. To my understanding, that's not an easy thing to do. I'd say Tom has more backbone than they're giving him credit for!

I got sent home from work because I was just sobbing thinking of all the possibilities and I couldn't even believe they really had said this and it was happening..

I can't really blame you - they're meant to be an integral part of your support network, and they speak to you like this?

It really is just hoop after hoop to jump through with these people. as if I don't have enough problems.
She kept going on about she is my only support.. how is that being supportive... like wtf.. being supportive is letting your kid do what they think is right and being there for them no matter how it turns out. in my opinion.

I wonder if your mum worries too much and thinks she's helping when she's not. Mine has done that before. I think I've done that before, to be honest. But it's a hindrance, not a help, and it sounds like you've been coping well with that.

I have two more months in this house and it may seem like a short time but things are getting so much worse so fast I dread the next two months. I can't wait to get out of here.

Oh no, not at all. If you're living with someone you can't stand, 2 months is an eternity.

and if they want to fight me through this then I am going in guns blazing. This is my life ! My daughter!!!! and They are not taking any of it! I have been fighting them for a long time and I am not giving up now.

Good for you that you're prepared to fight your corner.

The stress just keeps coming though. I just can't give up and have to know I am strong and it WILL be ok. and I need some support and to vent everything here.

Too true. I think you need to be out of there as soon as possible. It strikes me that Tom's parents can't be any worse than your own; I wonder if they'll be far more understanding. It could be that your mum's threats of 'they won't like you', is more a projection of her own inability to cope with your social problems.

I hope that it all straightens out for you. Remember that this is a temporary problem, and will ease when you put some space between you and your mum. Good luck and I hope the move - when it eventually comes - goes smoothly.