Stressed

Anonymous

Hi...

I'm 18 and I left school when I was 12. I don't participate in anything outside of my home. I hate to go outside, it's stressful, draining and it seems pointless.

Some of the reason is because of self consciousness, afraid of what people will think of me etc.

Some of the reason is because it just feels out of my comfort zone. All I want to do is come home and chat online, watch TV, eat, sleep. Maybe I'm just lazy. Maybe I'd never be like this if I never stopped forcing myself to go out. But when I force myself, it builds up and up each day until I snap, and I quit everything. Being inside feels natural and provides me with the space and comfort I need to be happy. I'm no mroe depressed than the average person when I'm at home. I feel my best at home.

The thing is, I have to go out sometimes. Tomorrow, I have to go to the orthodontist. When I have to go out, I can't feel any peace until it's completely over and I know I can stay home for a few more weeks. It's horrible, and I don't want to be like that. I'm fine with prefering being inside, and staying at home the majority of the time, but I want to be able to enjoy going out sometimes. I don't want to feel like it's a stressful, draining, nervous chore.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

I'll pray for us all because it's the only hope I have left.

GettingThere

I'd recommend reading a good book to get you motivated and uplifted and maybe another to help you to start to deal with the SA.

You know I reckon the first thing to consider is to count your blessings - you probably have a lot more going for you than you realise until you sit down and consider the matter deeply.

Parttimer

Going out is a chore for me 2. I stay home for weeks at a time as well and dread going out. So maybe i'm not hte person to help but (should i say that everytime i post? probably :D )

What do u really enjoy doing that won't involve a heavy social element to it? For me its soccer. I've just started playing again after a long time, damn sp, but i feel its already helping my self esteem cos i am enjoying doing something i'm good at (good ego booster) and am feeling like i'm part of something, at least on the field anyway.

Thats what my psychiatrist said to do: Do something in which the rewards outweight the negatives ie having to hang around pple.