Suffering with social phobia and posting pictures?

CursedSoul

Banned
I'm not against posting pictures but I was just confused if people here are suffering with social phobia that means sacred of being exposed to the society then how come they don't feel shy posting their pictures on here; aren't these somehow confusing facts? How do they do it?

MNM322

Ya I don't mind posting my photo. I don't even mind getting my photo taken, but I never believe people if they say I am pretty etc

TheTemp

Personally, getting over my BDD has been to post pictures up even if I feel uncomfortable. It helps. Exposure is the best way to overcome anxiety, doing what makes you uncomfortable at first. The second time I posted pics, I felt very comfortable. But had to delete it because I didn't want people I know "finding" me.

CursedSoul

Banned
Personally, getting over my BDD has been to post pictures up even if I feel uncomfortable. It helps. Exposure is the best way to overcome anxiety, doing what makes you uncomfortable at first. The second time I posted pics, I felt very comfortable. But had to delete it because I didn't want people I know "finding" me.
What even if your friends find you? They know you got SA i guess

Section_31

I dont mind posting pics. the truth of the matter is i have no RL friends to find me. My family could i suppose, but none of them are computer literate enough to find this place really....

TheTemp

What even if your friends find you? They know you got SA i guess

They'd be shocked, I wouldn't be embarassed but I'd rather be private about my weaknesses. I put up such a strong front, I wouldn't want it to go to waste. They'd be like "why didn't you tell us? we could've helped you". I'm too proud. Only my best friend knows that I go on this site.

I can't think of any reason why anyone I know in my life would end up here looking at a picture of mine I posted, if they do it must mean they have SA or something else too. Even if it happens that someone got on my computer and seen this all I wouldn't worry anymore, some years ago I would have. No one is important in my life anymore to even worry about what they discover about me, I am too tired about the worrying and the anxiety already!

coyote

I'm not against posting pictures but I was just confused if people here are suffering with social phobia that means sacred of being exposed to the society then how come they don't feel shy posting their pictures on here; aren't these somehow confusing facts? How do they do it?

who says they DON'T feel shy posting pictures?

you can be afraid and still do things anyway

it's a way to push yourself - to try to improve or change

and this is a safe environment in which to do so

or maybe they want some honest feedback that they would be too afraid to ask for somewhere else

that's why we try to keep this a place where people don't judge one another

Hoppy

Just because I am so very handsome and like to spread the joy all over.

And if you want to be part of a community you have to be willing to show yourself.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I don't like posting pictures of me on the internet, however, I don't mind showing them to one person in private when I know them well enough.

CursedSoul

Banned
They'd be shocked, I wouldn't be embarassed but I'd rather be private about my weaknesses. I put up such a strong front, I wouldn't want it to go to waste. They'd be like "why didn't you tell us? we could've helped you". I'm too proud. Only my best friend knows that I go on this site.

I second on that

CursedSoul

Banned
Even if someone says I looked good in the picture...I don't find a point to be happy because I still don't get romance and love so what even if someone said I looked good they may be making fun of me...

razzle dazzle rose

I haven't posted my picture on this site. But some members know what I look like anyway (via fb). I think I would be more open to posting a pic here if the picture thread were for members only; many other forums have blocks like that in place. But then, maybe I wouldn't. I don't like people commenting on my appearance, whether it be good or bad, though I understand people have curiosity. I view the thread myself :)