The good thing about SA...

Karail

Have any of you noticed that since you got SA you are able to pick up on people’s moods and other little things that others do not see? For example now I find I pick up on when someone is sad or troubled more than others.

Its probably because of the over analyzing of every situation...what are your thoughts?

Kezada

yup same, i've always been the person taht wud notice lil fings that others dont 'observant'. but i always fort it was ma OCD cuz it causes me 2 pay a big amount of attention 2 lil details. ye its tru tho.

1,Kezada

do u feel tired?

everyday when i get up i always feel tired, drained even tho i havent done anything, can any1 relate

paul

Yes I know EXACTLY what you mean!! It's kind of strange how blind other people seem to other's moods... I can always tell when people are sad (especially if they're trying to hide it) and I'm fairly good at detecting lies.

Another good side to SA is people don't need to worry about us getting into fights :)

Sue

is it being super observent of simply considerate?

well yeah there is a difference. i can pick up on peoples moods rather well. i think everyone knows when someone is hidding their feelings when they are down but dont want anyone to know. i used to do it all the time and still do sometimes.
so i would notice when someone hides it. they try real hard to look happy.
maybe im wrong. but if i knew someone was upset i would try to help. even if it destroyed my night out.
sometimes i dont want to but would feel bad if i didnt

Fighter86

I think that I can empatise with people more, esp. in terms of their moods. I used to have this friend who was depressed & I couuldn't understand why she was depressed. But I now know that sometimes, things juz happen, be it depression, bulimia or watever. & there could be no explanation for it. I mean we cannont help feeling the way we do.

allanboy

Yeah, i´m kind of observant about people´s moods too. But it´s been less frequent, since i self-diagnostic me as schizoid(personality disorder). But i care about people´s emotions and intentions than anyone else in my class, or among friends, but not always i express that. It´s common to have myself coming up with possibilities to explain why someone acted or is acting in someway.

sheree

I dont see enough people to tell if they are moody or not
i know if my mums depressed but that's all.

Boundless

Re: do u feel tired?

1984 said:
everyday when i get up i always feel tired, drained even tho i havent done anything, can any1 relate

Yea,i am the same as you,takes a while to get up and im usually tired through out the day.

LittleMissScareAll

I'm always too sad, depressed & troubled myself to notice it about others...then there's the fact that I don't really talk to anybody anyway.

But there's nothing good about SA, to me. I'd give anything to not be like this. :x

Boundless

I find talking to others does help a bit,i was chatting to some 1 the other night and it made me feel alot better,if your have troubles or problems im a great listener for anyone :) my msn is freely available [email protected] as allways looking for new people to talk to,doesnt matter where your from or what your problems are.

4myself

Maybe we notice things about others because we are not always talking non stop about ourselves :)