The OCD isn't lead over me anymore!!!

blue_sky

The OCD isn’t lead over me anymore!!!

Hi. This is my experience of fighting with OCD.
...and sorry for my english.

I always thought, just logically, that permission of the problem with OCD has to be simple, as I had it from my childhood (and all my life as I can remember myself). That why the way to get rid of it have to be reachable and for a child, which can even can not be able to read.

And it is so. This method find itself simple, but hard! You should meet your fear, your OCD. This is most simple because you don’t have to think how to trick it, you don’t have to perform endless compulsions (and while you do this you feel how you loose your freedom and you feel that this condition is unnatural for you, but fear is so big…). But it is most hard thing (only in beginning, when you don’t know what will happen). When I growing up, the obsession I has felt for example 8 years ago seems to me minor. But this is illusion. The smarter you became, the smarter your obsessions became. Because it will use your mind, against you. You will never fully understand the irrationality of your obsession with your mind.

I had a very hard form of OCD. I had almost all kinds of OCD thoughts (which is enumerated in books about how to cope with OCD, which was not helpful). My OCD only got worst from year to year. And happened so, when I was 24 (1.5 years ago) it is gets over me totally. One day it happens (but I believe it can never happens to me if my OCD was not so hard and merciless to me. So I think it is kind of luck). I understood that this is the end. The fear was endless. And I gave up. I was not just able to do something. I didn’t think how to resolve my obsession because it’s became impossible. I just start to experience it totally emotional, without thinking of how escape from it and how resolve it, because it was impossible. And bigger part of it (a tough, complex obsession, which bother me for a lot of month and didn't give in to the permission) just gone. This was a critical moment in my life!

So I understood, that I don’t have to run from it. I don’t have to attack it, think how to trick it. Don’t think, but feel. Express your feelings. And don’t push your feelings. Became sensitive to yourself. If you want to cry - cry, want to shake - shake. But don't do this in the moment you don't feel some inner impulse. Don't push it. You have to be like a puppet. Trying to feel what your body wants. For exmple I drunk alot of warm water and needed a fresh air - going to my garden, it made me feels closer to "everything". I had to lerarn to trust to this "new method" (it was so horrable that I was not able to take it without readiness to die, so it changed my attitude to life too). The mind is always intrudes, to “indemnify” you.

It is passed 1.5 years and I can say definitely, that OCD IS NOTHING FOR ME. I’am free from it. It is miracle I dreamed for and never cease. It is takes a much time to me to cope with this method , because I started to trust it gradually. I hope it will take much much much less time for you.

And one more. About 2 years ago, before I changed my approach to OCD a was on drugs, which I was found absolutely useless and harmful (but taked it because of don’t know what to do and stopped them anyway). It feels like it’s only litter your body, your brain and didn’t lets the process in you to flow naturally.

And when I was used this “new” for me method (which is not new, but natural one wich was departed for some reason) it was some stress for my body and psychic. It is like remelting. So all the processes in the body has to flow naturally using it's own potential.

This is some from Osho, I found later (this is not specifically about OCD) and can be helpful (this is translation):

You have to remain in your being, in all it totality. All aspects of bad and good have to be accepted. You can’t get rid from something; nobody can’t, but gradually teach to accept all. Then appear harmony between darkness and light and it’s beautiful. Beacause of this contrast life became a harmony.
That’s why try to dissipate this moments. Don’t create a problems. Don’t starts to think: “What I have to do, that anxiety is over?” If you are anxiety – be anxiety! When you unhappy – be unhappy and don’t make a lot of noise – be unhappy, what else you can do?
This is exactly as climat: in the summer hot, what can you do? While it hot – take it and sweat. When cold – shiver and get pleasure from it!
Gradually you will se interrelation of polar oppositions. And those day when you accept this polarity will be a a day of big understanding and revelation
(Osho)

If is inside remain constant dialogue, there is should be an inner reason.
Instead of suppress it – let it be.
If you allow it - it will disappear. It want to say something to you. Mind want to communicate with you.
It want to say something to you. Maybe you did not realize what it want to say because always fight with it and considering it insane, tried to stop it or distract for something else.
All distractions – is some kinds of suppression.
(Osho)

Good luck!)

Last edited: