the problem with me

Anonymous

Hello, my name is Katie, i'm nearly 18 and i have social anxiety and i have it as bad as it gets. I don't even use chat rooms and it's rare i'll post like this. I'm nervous as hell at what everyone will think of what i say and i just can't help it , i'm even shaking right now

I was diagnosed about 5 months ago, my parents both hate me because i'm totally housebound and they're ashamed, they yell things like 'don't be so stupid and answer the phone!' when i really, really can't. I feel so useless. I have no friends and the only time i go outside is when i have a doctors appointment for new anti depressants. I think about suicide every night and cut my arms. i don't know why i do that.

I'm afraid to say anything else.. but thats it.

I'm sorry this has been totally boring and your all probably thinking i'm such a freak :oops: i feel a bit sick now so i'll go and take my pill and go to bed.

peace to all,
Katie
xoxoxox

MrMr

Hi Katie,Welcome to the site.I can relate to the phone issue.I talk quite a bit on the phone at work,and have no probs.but when i'm at home i hate to answer it,as i'm crap at social talk,and most of the time it will be for my mum or brother.in fact i rarely ring my very few friends.

I think you should show some of the material that's available on the web about sa.I think your parents have the old view of this problem "you have to snap out of it".i suppose we may well feel the same way,had we not suffered from it.you should show them this,as it will help them understand and support you in your recovery.you really should talk to your gp about therapy for this,have you been offered any to date?
Meds are fine and can help a lot,but if you really want to change your life around then you should be looking at some therapy.cbt seems to show the best results for anxiety problems.i know it can be hard to talk to gp's about these things,but think about how good it would be to get some therapy,especially the type that doesn't simply dig up and analyse our past.cbt deals with the here and now,and looks at ways of changing our negative irational thoughts,and giving us the tools to change our life.
I found it really hard to go to my own gp and discuss this,so i went to another gp and he has been really supportive,he has made an appointment for cbt.

GettingThere

Hello Katie,
I endorse MrMr's comments, you probably should seek some cognitive therapy, at the very least read one of the very good self-help books that are out there (there is a thread on tnhis site which lists a lot of the books which have helped others).

I think that it is important to realise that you are not this freak that you seem to think that you are. You are a lovely special human being. I don't know what you're parents are doing. Some parents simply do not know how to deal with certain situations but that does not mean that they don't love you. You are like most of us so I hope that you feel accepted here.

Anonymous

Go to this web-site www.social-phonia.co.uk Katie. and i think you should all go there it offeres a cure. make sure you all read this web-site. and you are lovely Katie. Try not to care that your parents don't understand, WEEE understand. No1 understands social phobics anyways.
and by the way how old are you?

Anonymous

HI EVERYONE I JUST CAME BACK FROM SA GROUP MEETING. And it was absolutelly fantastic, i would recoment it to everyONE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GROUP IN LONDON EMAIL THIS MAN: [email protected]. THE MEETING ARE HELD ON WEDNESDAY EVENINGS. IT REALLY VERY HELPFUL. FROM THE DEPTH OF MY HEART. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL....EMAIL ME AS WELL IF YOU WANT TO [email protected]

Anonymous

ERIKA21 said:
HI EVERYONE I JUST CAME BACK FROM SA GROUP MEETING. And it was absolutelly fantastic, i would recoment it to everyONE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GROUP IN LONDON EMAIL THIS MAN: [email protected]. THE MEETING ARE HELD ON WEDNESDAY EVENINGS. IT REALLY VERY HELPFUL. FROM THE DEPTH OF MY HEART. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL....EMAIL ME AS WELL IF YOU WANT TO [email protected]

Well done.great to hear the group session went well.I've heard great things about group therapy.i think that it's the ideal solution for us sa sufferers,as we are facing our two biggest fears "social situations and people".wish there were more groups in the uk and ireland.let's hope more will start soon.it looks promising,as it would seem that there has been a big increase in traffic on this site lately,as more and more people are finding that there is a name and hope for the problems that they are facing.it would seem like there's finally much more understanding and help available for sa sufferers.let's just hope that it spreads right accross the globe,so as we all can benefit.it would also help if we could get sa out accross the media,especially here in europe,as most of us just stumble accross it on the net.

Anonymous

ERIKA21 said:

well done.which method are they using,cbt?

Anonymous

Erika21 said:
Go to this web-site www.social-phonia.co.uk Katie. and i think you should all go there it offeres a cure. make sure you all read this web-site. and you are lovely Katie. Try not to care that your parents don't understand, WEEE understand. No1 understands social phobics anyways.
and by the way how old are you?

hi,what is the story here.why is this person trying to make money from fellow sa sufferers.when i see these site offering a cure for such a small price i alway think of the get rich quick add."send $5 and ill tell you how to get rich quick" then you get a letter back telling you the method "simply get people like you to send you $5".great one,as it does give you the answer.

Anonymous

well at the gtoup we are not using CBT. its basically group activities talking, chatting. afterwards we went to the pub.

and after reading the mans article that offeres a cure for 5pouns i mean i believe his, he just needs to keep his site running and he sound very honest. at the end of the day its only 5 pounds, we can try it, it won't hurt anyone.

Love and Peace erika

Anonymous

erika said:
well at the gtoup we are not using CBT. its basically group activities talking, chatting. afterwards we went to the pub.

and after reading the mans article that offeres a cure for 5pouns i mean i believe his, he just needs to keep his site running and he sound very honest. at the end of the day its only 5 pounds, we can try it, it won't hurt anyone.

Love and Peace erika

great to hear erika this,group activities are very important for us.

have you read this article,and what's your view,did it cure you?

Anonymous

NO the article certainly didn't cure me. and i have't paid the 5pounds yet. if it gets worse i might.

Anonymous

sounds shady if you ask me......... if this "cure" existed we'd know about it by now.... this dude would be famous.... and if he "doesnt want our money" why not come outright and tell us what the cure is???? hmmmmmmmm, dont be conned people.