THE REAL DEAL

Anonymous

We as a society love to label everything like sa,ocd,apd,blah,blah,blah.It is all psychobabble,that makes drug companies and headshrinks $$.I think it is a spiritual battle between god and satan.God intended everyone to have a rich,full life and actually enjoy every day of it.Satan will do EVERYTHING to prevent just that.I am not here for a theological/religious debate,it is just what i believe.

stu84

dude that is an interesting opinion, but just listen to what you are saying.

god? satan? i dont care for religion, why post that on a forum that wholly believes the psychology behind sa's, sp's, and that the causes behind them relate to the shit in their lives.

does anyone else share this religious view of a spiritual battle?

Anonymous

Interesting.

I hear ya when your talking about all the labeling and concepts about mental disorders etc, etc, and how these drug companies want to make money. Very true. It is a bunch of bull ish...One can name all the labels of mental disorders till their blue in the face, but what it comes down to is that we all suffer. It is all suffering. Mentally, physically, etc....ANd it's sad that companies to make money off of us in a somewhat superficial way.

But i'm skeptical of the good vs. bad , God vs. Satan scenario. Would'nt that be labeling and concepts too?...Imo, if you go with the good vs. bad scenario , on and on the internal conflict will go...trying to battle the bad with the good...it will never stop...How bout letting go of the good and the bad?...

I don't think good, bad, rite, wrong, left, rite don't really exist--only in the mind of concepts and illusion.

All a bunch of man-made labels and self-limiting concepts imo. Not to say that it's wrong or bad to have labels or concepts, but it's limiting.

peace.

Horatio

interesting point. I come from a church background and until my SP got too bad I used to go to church. I got sick of being labelled as possessed because of my depression and SP.

Just because I dressed in black, was awkward around people and found it hard to be cheerful I was labelled as being possessed by demons

Even had to go through various excorisms to get the "evil demons" out of me. Pretty humiliating really to have the whole church know me as "the possessed guy"

the reason I gave up on religion was because of this labelling, and that I felt if it was true and I was possessed then howcome I kept staying depressed and with SP even though people repeatedly prayed to God to rid them from me. I came to the conclusion that either A: Satan was more powerful than God and therfore God couldnt heal me or B: The people at church were lying and I really wasnt possessed or C: God WAS real but didnt want to heal me and preffered me to be possessed

I decided due to both that and the fact that because of christians my depression and lack of confidence was getting worse and not better that I would stay the hell away from churches and thats where Im at now, a few years later

if I ever get bored of just being a sufferer of depression and socialphobia then maybe I will consider going back to church and being someone who is possessed

maybe I could get some of those red contact lenses :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ANYONE WHO HAS DEPRESSION OR SOCIALPHOBIA IN CHURCH - PEOPLE JUST LABEL AND POINT AT YOU AND DO NOT REPEAT NOT ACCEPT YOU

GettingThere

Some churches take the demonic posession stuff way too far. Every bloody thing is related demons. Well, thats just plain wrong.

SP is closely associated with our egos, that is to say, our very beings.
The ego can not be changed instantly by prayer. Prayer can change the ego but only over a period of time because it involves changing of the very person him/herself.

Anonymous

Religion is so absurd that it comes close to imbecility.

The time must come inevitably when mankind shall surmount the imbecility of religion, as it has surmounted the imbecility of religion's ally, magic. It is impossible to imagine this world being really civilized so long as so much nonsense survives. In even its highest forms religion embraces concepts that run counter to all common sense. It can be defended only by making assumptions and adopting rules of logic that are never heard of in any other field of human thinking.

I don't doubt that there is a God, but religion is nonsense.

Anonymous

Anonymous said:

The time must come inevitably when mankind shall surmount the imbecility of religion, as it has surmounted the imbecility of religion's ally, magic. It is impossible to imagine this world being really civilized so long as so much nonsense survives. In even its highest forms religion embraces concepts that run counter to all common sense. It can be defended only by making assumptions and adopting rules of logic that are never heard of in any other field of human thinking.

I knew this would spin off into a religious debate!I think organized religion is bullshit too, as is the drug industry and fucking headshrink industry.Leaving me to question if all these "mental conditions" are simply a spiritual battle.

Anonymous

Anonymous said:

I knew this would spin off into a religious debate!I think organized religion is bullshit too, as is the drug industry and fucking headshrink industry.Leaving me to question if all these "mental conditions" are simply a spiritual battle.