there aren't that MANY single folks out there

Anonymous

OH NO.... that was supposed to say "WASN'T too crappy" instead of "WAS too crappy".... PLEASE don't think I meant THAT wrong, too!

nerdgirl178

Well I just turned 23 couple days ago and well I never been in a relationship. I dated and stuff but nothing serioulsy. Every guy I liked were never really in to me. When I go to mall (rarely) i always see these girls with hot looking guys and the girls are okay looking, not gorgeous like the guys. I guess its all about the personality. whatever.

Hope

The whole negative-attitude thing referred to earlier is easy to criticize, but a whole different thing to break, esp. after years of rejection.

If a negative attitude persists, it may mean you're hanging out with the wrong people anyway.
My own finding (though things didn't work out in the long run) is that if you find the right person (probably by hanging out in the right crowd), the negative attitude corrects itself somewhat.

Join common-interest groups and clubs. I don't know of other solutions. Bars and people at work never worked out for me.

LilMissTragic

Isn't it amusing that the topic is all about how theres no single people about....here we are, on a site where a percentage have told us they are single...hmmm, maybe we should start a blind dating thread...lol.
Not that anyone would go on a blind date, being SP and all...lol...or would they?

Hope

LilMissTragic said:
hmmm, maybe we should start a blind dating thread...lol.
Not that anyone would go on a blind date, being SP and all...lol...or would they?

You might be surprised.

Perhaps I have a strange form of SP/SA, but I feel much more comfortable meeting people whom I have no preconceived notions about (& vice versa). That way there's no mutual judgement on past behavior. That doesn't mean it often works, but the anxiety of meeting is greatly lessened. If no sparks, well, it just means you can bow out quickly with few feelings hurt.

My most anxious dates were those set up by friends trying to be matchmakers. That's almost always a nightmare.

Anonymous

I agree, Hope! Except my friends never matched me up :p . I've always had to do it my own damn self, LOL.