They Pick On Me.

galigator8509

I have OCD.
And the main thing I do is touch things several times, over and over.

And my sister can be rather mean to me.
When she has friends over she makes fun of me and tells her friends to watch what I do.

And today my dad was in the kitchen, and I was touching the fridge.
So he started mocking me and touching things over and over like me.
He was basically making fun of me or making a joke out of it.
He was like tapping my sisters head and other things and goes "I cant just touch things once."

I feel like he just doesnt GET IT.
And by him and my sister making fun of me, I feel like it just makes me more ashamed.

UGH.

Ignace

Ignore it. If they're both so childish to laugh with OCD, that's their problem. I actually have the same problem. I'm obsessed with touching things several times. To be fair, when no one is watching I touch something again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again .... This is annoying when computing. I just have to hit some buttons every now and then. And because of that I screw things up, especially ingame. When, for example I need to hit escape to exit the loading of a multiplayer game. I really have to do my best so that I won't hit it. Those damn buttons are calling me: "Press me, press me !!" ...::(:

LadyWench

That's awful! I'm sorry. They are acting extremely immature about this and obviously don't understand OCD. Like Ignace said, that's THEIR problem. Although, I understand why it made you so upset. My family doesn't understand my problems either. Luckily, they don't make fun of me for it, they just get mad.

Anyway, I hope you can find some relief for your OCD. It's a debilitating disorder to live with.

joyce

I have OCD.
And the main thing I do is touch things several times, over and over.

And my sister can be rather mean to me.
When she has friends over she makes fun of me and tells her friends to watch what I do.

And today my dad was in the kitchen, and I was touching the fridge.
So he started mocking me and touching things over and over like me.
He was basically making fun of me or making a joke out of it.
He was like tapping my sisters head and other things and goes "I cant just touch things once."

I feel like he just doesnt GET IT.
And by him and my sister making fun of me, I feel like it just makes me more ashamed.

UGH.

I'm Sorry to hear about your problem if you need some one to talk im here :)

Phoenixx

It's horrible that your family doesn't understand, and the fact that they make fun of you ::(: I hope you can find some sort of treatment for your OCD.