This Is My Story.

galigator8509

This is what I deal with on a daily basis.
Welcome to my life.
THESE ARE ONLY SOME OBSESSIONS AND COMPULSIONS NOT ALL!

Obsessive Thoughts:

1. I have a fear of gaining weight.

- I wont take birth control.

- I starve myself some days, but then other days I eat everything in sight.

- I have no control over how much I eat, I eat non stop.

2. I have a fear of becoming pregnant.

- I will not watch any shows related to pregnancy, with one or two acceptions.

- I do not feel comfortable talking to people my age who have had kids, I will go to certain extents to avoid them.

3. I constantly worry my boyfriend is cheating on me or going to leave me.

- I always ask him questions like "who was that?" or "what are you doing?"

- I always freak out when he's looking at a magazine and there are girls in it, or when he talks to girls I wonder "is he flirting or is that just him being nice?"

- Whenever he's doing a job, and it happens to be for a girl, no matter what age, even if shes married, I start thinking "is it suppose to take this long?" "what if hes in there having sex with her?" "what if hes cheating on me?"

- Sometimes I think he doesnt find me attractive, and he must not be kissing me, touching me, or we must not be having sex as often because he must be cheating on me.

- "Why is he acting not very talkative or happy?" is he just having an off day, or is he cheating on me?

4. I have a fear of becoming sick.

- I freak out and pray everytime someone says the word puke, vomit or any other word that has to do with getting sick, or becoming sick.

- I wont share drinks with anyone.

- Hearing the word cancer also sketches me out. It gets me afraid its going to happen to me or the people I love.

Compulsive Behaviors:

I do most if not all of the behaviors listed below because I feel as though if I do not do them something bad will happen to my boyfriend and I.

1. I have to get dressed, undressed and I have to shower in a certain pattern.

2. I always have to take my right shoe off first, I have to dry my right hand first after in being under water.

3. I have to put my right leg and right arm in any article of clothing first.

4. I have to tap things in cycles of five. Anything I touch I have to tap. Whenever I go into the bathroom I have to tap the side of the toilet, the shower curtain, the water faucet knob, the towel after I dry my hands, the door all five times. Then I have to touch the light switch five times in two cycles.

5. Anything that is related to my boyfriend and I, I have to tap things five times in two cycles.

6. I have to rinse my dishes out a number of times, I have to run my hands under the water a number of times and I have to rinse my mouth out after brushing my teeth a certain number of times.

7. If im typing or texting, and I mispell a word by typing one letter wrong I have to erase the whole word instead of that one letter and retype the word.

8. I have to get things that come in pieces in fives. Five ice cubes, five pretzels, five M & Ms, five cookies. Anything that comes in pieces must be eaten if fives.

9. I dont like odd numbers.

10. If I say something mean, or rude I feel like I need to pray about it and repeat certain phrases in the prayer until it feels comforting and right.

11. If I have to pick something up I must put it down in the exact same place and continue to move it around until it feels correctly placed.

12. If I accidently touch something with my right hand, or right side I have to touch it with the same body part on my left side to even it out.

13. If I see something laying where it shouldnt be I still wont pick it up, because I feel like something bad will happen to me.

14. Tops on containers have to be put on the correct way with words on the top of the lid matching up with the words on the side of the lid.

15. If im trying to get something like a plate, cup or utensil out of the cupboard I HAVE to take the first one I look at even if I dont want it. Same thing when I get dressed, if I look at a piece of clothing I HAVE to wear it even if I dont want too.

Last edited:

Feathers

Hi galigator!

I hope you find some help for the eating disorder... It's really bad, because actually lacking some important vitamins and minerals can make OCD worse... There is stuff about it online and on this forum too... Google it up and try to make sure you have enough important nutrients.
Try to find experts and/or a support group in RL!!

There are books and websites that help with OCD too... I've only had it in a very minor way, I can relate to some of what you say though too (baby phobia and dislike of people talking about err, dead people or c-word, especially by the table... I actually have relatives who have had it and survived, so I know it's survivable.. Some people live long despite it/after it.. You can take precautions by living a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy food etc.)

Are you not taking birth control for health reasons? (Some people have had side effects.) Can you at least be protected in other ways?

I can see how all of that can be stressful... Hope things get better!!

DespairSoul

Galigator,

This everything what u feel and must do sound very complicated and stressfull.
I hope u will soon find solution for your problems because this is very hard go every day
trought this what u are going. Do you was seeing comedy with Jack Nicolson ?Where he must lock every day doors more as ones, wash his hands more times etc.? I think he had also this what u describe. I know is only movie. But if he was in love he forgot about it and he start eat pills. Do you prepare now for therapy?Do you was talking with someone about it?Wich advice was given to you?

I cross my fingers and i hope things will go soon better and better,because honesty this is no live:(