Tired of being lonely.....

muffinsboy

Hi......i just wonder if anyone has been lonely as long as i have been - its been 10 years since i have been in a relationship and sometimes it really brings me down. I have SP related problems and am on medication but dont go around telling people about it. Because i have this SP problem i just find it difficult to meet people, i suppose not working doesn't help but i think even that may not change things much. I have a few friends and family around me and we go out to bars and pubs here in Ireland but its just so hard to meet people especially when i feel shy or that reluctance to meet strangers. Even if i met a female with SP or shyness problems then i think it would be better than nothing, perhaps its that having something in common i wouldn't feel as if i was the lame duck in a relationship.......

By the way if any females reading this want to come and check out my profile please visit the web site below.

Thanks,

Rick
www.faceparty.com/muffinsboy
[email protected]

Anonymous

Social Phobia...

Well, I have issues with meeting new people. have a fear of going to shopping malls, amusement parks... anywhere where there's lots of people. But, yet... I'm tired of being lonely all the time. I don't know what to dao.

slahive

Re: Social Phobia...

*I'm tired of being lonely all the time*

I get you.
I spend so many nights,having it in my mind>*tommorrow will be a start of new things*,but i always break,to my old self,for whatever reason.

Gotta go,My first few minutes reading a new site,such as this.
I'm sure we can support each other somehow.

You never know,some of us might break out of it.

Azonic

I'm 26 and have never been in a relationship. Some people tell me I'm better off staying single because if I dont know what I'm missing, so it wont be as hard to be single than someone who is used to always being with someone. I have many female friends, but I'm too scared of losing their friendship if I attempt to bring the relationship to another level. I just dont think I could handle it, so I dont try. Being friends with girls has helped me feel more comfortable around them, but I dont know how to be anything but a friend. The only times I came close to "getting anywhere" with a girl, it was always the girl that initiated it, but when she saw how spooked I was, she backed off, but we remained good friends.

Most of my friends like going out to bars to hang out and meet people, but being in places like that makes me feel too self-conscious, so I tend to stay at home. I'd love to meet someone with SP too, but the way I see it, most people that are like me are probably just as reclusive as I am, staying at home, so that kinda makes it hard for us to meet. :wink: Most of the girls I've met were through work, or they were neighbours or friends of friends

lonelycody

I know how you feel, I am sick of being lonely as well, basically since I was 13 I have had no friends, no boyfirend. I am 36 now and often wish I could be like everyone else. I don't like crowded places, pubs or clubs so it is a bit hard to get out and meet people but the only way I can meet people is if I break out of my comfort zone and make an effort to go out.

Dating another person with sp would be a good idea. at least you would understand what the other person was going through. There are good points and bad points about being with someone who has got sp.

bimbo45

I know how you feel muffinboy. My last girlfriend finished with me 15years a go, due to this sa. She said i was to shy and quiet for her. I have been on my own ever since. Very lonely too!

loucat

Re: Social Phobia...

slahive said:
*I'm tired of being lonely all the time*

I get you.
I spend so many nights,having it in my mind>*tommorrow will be a start of new things*,but i always break,to my old self,for whatever reason.

]

This is so true, i did it a lot, it's just easier it seems and this way you don't get disappointed.

In my experience however relationships with fellow SP sufferers are not always a good thing, as you both tend to dwell on the SP, and in my case both my boyfriend and myself isolated ourselves to the extent that we got sick of each other. Turns out SP was the only thing we had in common.

I'm fortunate now in that i have a partner who although he doesn't have SP he understands it, therefore my SP isn't a massive focus. He's also introduced me to new things that has helped distract me, meditation being one thing.

I met him through work, so gradually got to know him, when we got together i told him about the SP and he had no idea! This was such a confidence boost as i was always so afraid of how i was perceived by others.

I guess i'm lucky, but what i'm trying to say is that you don't have to be alone forever. I do know this is easier said than done however