tremoring in neck

Anonymous

Hello all, I've been having this horrible tremoring and tension in my neck for the past couple years. I had a horrible trauma incidence once when our history professor showed us some violent video clips of slavery in the 17th century. I was fainting and grabbed my neck reallly hard while sitting in a crouched position to allow some blood to flow to my head. This is how this issue started.

Now my neck is continously tremoring when I get nervous. I am way to scared to go to interviews or sometimes even go outside my home or school. If I feel someone is staring at me I get a small panic attack and my neck goes completely out of control. I've been taking so many medicines and been to countless doctors. Does anyone have idea how I can stop this as well as all other fears?

One time I had learned of hypnosis...and I tried to use it once. The first time I tried it was like real magic, it was amazing...all my fears just suddenly vanished temporarily. But after that my body has developed a phobia towards relaxing or even thinking of doing hypnosis. Just the thought that I might try to go into hypnosis now makes me panic uncontrollably.

I've lost so many years of my life like this...everyday is a big waste for me, I can do nothing in my life until I can (if ever) recover from these issues. Sometimes I get so frustrated I feel like I might be going insane. Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this? I need to be able to realx and feel peaceful without my neck killing me....then I can do hypnosis with ease.

Thanks you all

LilMissTragic

It sounds sort of like a nervous tick of sorts. Though i have never heard of it affecting the neck as its usually the face or the whole head area. It must be pretty damn annoying. I can only say go back to your doctor and explain to him/her, maybe they can refer you to someone that knows about that sort of thing because I'm well and truly stumped.

Anonymous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: headaches, tremors undefined

Albuterol will cause tremors ,I was using it for ashma and it is one of the side affects
came across that post/inf. at another forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tremors in my arm sometimes, the arm 'jumps' at times from the elbow down, but I had nerve reconstuction surgery done to the arm. I wonder if there bight be a pinched nerve in the neck somewhere causing the tremors? Have you tried a 'circular' massage with both hands on your neck & your head looking down when the tremors begin? If it is a picnched nerve, that might help.

Remus

Staff member
I get these tremors or ticks too, my shrink said its common with stressful situations, funnily enough thats when I get them most.

I'm going through a calmer anxiety period right now in my life and they have subsided.