types of anxiety

durda_dan

why types of anxiety do we all have, i would liek to know more about it because i think we all experience different things. it would be good to know what we have in common

I get a nausious need to puke feeling if it's really bad, i get urges for chocolate, i get blank mind (forge the past 30 seconds or so)
and one i think it really strange, i feel as those the floor beneath my feet, is tilting, But i don't lose my balance, i'm not dizzy, i just feel like ym world is going upside down, Litterally. my eyesight seems to curve at the corners of my eyes, and twist.... strange

dottie

tense up
tunnel vision (i have to block out some vision, otherwise it is too overwhelming)
fast heart beat
swallowing
mind blanks out
stutter
blush
smile too much ugh

i understand how you feel like there is warping in the corners of your eyes. sometimes when i look across the room it seems a mile away.

i used to get full blown anxiety attacks, thinking i was going to throw up and have a heart attack or something, but have learned to prevent/supress that.

durda_dan

i felt like a heart attack once, and ona few occasions i didnt want to go home because i thought if i come home th end of the world will happen(figurativley speaking intrusive thought i thought if i go home i would excecute it) and i would have a Super heart rate

out of breath
tense, especially in my chest
heart racing

I can deal with all of that and I have coping strategies for that. My other symptom is the one I can't handle:
feeling of unreality and dissociation for the world around me and my own body

Generical

If it's something big i'll feel really sick then after/along with that it'll be
Heart Increase
Sweating
Blushing
Blank mind
Awkward movements
Intense feeling of needing to get out of the room
tad delusional

Anger - i very nearly hit one of my favourite teachers as he gave me a lecture on how to organise a folder, my head was like ok, hit this prick, jump over the table and run out of the room...i didn't luckily.

Last edited:

wafer

when its realy bad i'll have a combination of any these things;
tightness of all muscles, feeling of "im going to explode if i dont get outta here"
trembling
not being able to swallow, or feeling like i have to remind myself to.
shortness of breath and fast heartbeat
sweating

yeh, fun stuff

PisceanWisdom

Blank mind is a big one. I don't know what to say, how to say it, what the question was, why am I here, etc.
It usually coincides with tunnel vision, where I block out everything from my peripheral vision, and focus on one object, or the person that I'm talking to.
The above usually happen while feeling a sort of shock, or disassociation, after a bout of anxiety and indecisiveness.

I usually try to blank my mind on purpose, in order to survive.

There are other, more obvious symptoms, as well. I completely agree with the smiling way too much.

Last edited:

Errordotocx

Usually tense
rapid heartbeat
occasional blank mind
sweating
occasionally trip over my words while talking

Rise Against

Blank mind
blank expression
i look really depressed and angry
panic attacks (if severe anxiety)
distorted vision
rapid heart beat
nausea
headache
trembling
shallow breathing

Morgan01

I feel dissociative sometimes.. like everything around me just isn't right.
I look at thngs so hard that I start to see dots and my eyes hurt..
my heart races.. I get really bad anxiety attacks where everything just seems scary and I can't look at anything without freaking out.
I get a lot of headaches

Dudley

Well let's see...

*Pacing
*Talking a mile a minute (usually repeating the same phrase)
*My eyes dart all over the place
*A very weird feeling where my body feels very slow and my mind feels really fast, like they're out of sync or something

Luckily they aren't bad enough for anyone to really notice if I focus hard enough

mismeek

i feel sick or I throw up
racing heart
shaking
feeling of unreality and dissociation
I feel like I'm slowly going crazy and everyone knows it

I usually cry.. its soo awkward

Joolin

Most of my anxiety is caused by mental feedback loops - I'll be with someone and realize that I've gone too long without saying anything, so I decide that I need to say something, but all I can think of is that I need to say something and that every second I think about the fact that I'm not talking is another second that I'm not talking, etc. etc. etc..

As far as physical reactions to this, I usually get really tense and hyper-aware - any little movement I make will feel like a wild spasm and I'll be absolutely certain that whoever I'm with is noticing it and thinking I'm crazy. Of course thinking that I'm wigging out makes me overcompensate and get even more tense and hyper-aware - more feedback loops.

afterforever

Dizziness, feelings of dread, nausea, heart racing, headache...sometimes I'll just freeze solid and find myself unable to move.

Morgan01

Most of my anxiety is caused by mental feedback loops - I'll be with someone and realize that I've gone too long without saying anything, so I decide that I need to say something, but all I can think of is that I need to say something and that every second I think about the fact that I'm not talking is another second that I'm not talking, etc. etc. etc..

As far as physical reactions to this, I usually get really tense and hyper-aware - any little movement I make will feel like a wild spasm and I'll be absolutely certain that whoever I'm with is noticing it and thinking I'm crazy. Of course thinking that I'm wigging out makes me overcompensate and get even more tense and hyper-aware - more feedback loops.

I am exactly like that

pandamonium77

Mine changes a LOT. it really depends on the level of anxiety
when its mild, i get weak muscles, feel faint, mild stomach pains, jaw pain, dizziness
when its severe i feel limp, nauseated to the extreme, i feel like im going to puke, terribad head aches, panic attacks, derealization kicks in on top of the dp, and constant flashes in my vision, starry type things and stupid shadow looking flashes, its annoying