Undershirts?

Mike88

So who here wears a undershirt to protect and stop sweat marks from showing through to an outer shirt?

I think it's a dilemma; I wear a Under Armour HeatGear t-shirt under my cotton short sleeve work shirt. I think wearing it makes me hotter as it restricts air flow to my skin, but then again I think it helps stop sweat from seeping through.

I use to wear just a cotton t-shirt under my work shirt but stopped because I thought it was making it worse.

What's are peoples thoughts on this?

Metal_isthe_Answer

I can only speak for myself, but when I was younger I was a little over 300 lbs, so, I never wore undershirts because I always felt really hot. Now Im about 215, I still cant stand undershirts, maybe Im just hot blooded, or I just grew to love the cold

xlisax

I wear tops underneath tops to stop anything showing through, although i find this makes me worse as my main area is on my face....

hyp-hi

I always wear an under shirt. Cotton, black or grey. It absorbs sweat and protects the outer shirt.

Mike88

It's difficult really. I wear short sleeve cotton shirts at work, yet I am worried that any sweat marks will show through so I don't want to risk it and therefore wear something under it. One of my colleagues asked why I wear one when it's really hot upstairs; I just deflected the question. I think tomorrow I will try a cotton undershirt instead of my Under Armour one; but I know it's going to be hot on the mezzanine floor I work on so it may just make my face sweat more...

Mike88

I tried wearing a cotton undershirt under my short sleeved work shirt and I must say I think it kept me cooler than wearing the Under Armour one. I don't feel I can ditch the undershirt completely yet until I feel confident enough no sweat patches will show through.

Mike88

Its good to hear a bit of success, is it just your back/under arms that sweat?

Back, underarms and face. I have had some success in using Driclor and other strong antiperspirants on my underarms and back; but its not 100%.

My face sweating is my biggest concern; it only becomes a big problem when I become stressed or have anxiety.

This condition doesn't help that I work on a mezzanine floor with no air-conditioning and no effective ventilation system. Yesterday the temperature was 24c on shop floor and 26c in the warehouse ::(:

Alistair

I have to wear a undershirt, for shirts at work are buttons, and I hate that feeling of the last one buttoned up to tight against my neck. Feels like I'm strangling or something to that effect. So, to ease up on it I wear a undershirt. =)

Hope that makes sense. Ha!

xlisax

I found driclor useless! I had success with odaban on my face but after a year or so lost its effectiveness. Im am debating whether or not to try Klima- Facade...I think thats right. Its had a lot of great reviews!
As for my under arms Ive found the best deoderant on the shelf is sanex. Although I havent tried much else as my underarms sweat more than they should but arent as bad as the rest of me! :p
My back is such an issue, im trying to come up with something to make but im not being very successful atm with that! :p
Have you tried any medication?