understanding OCD

durda_dan

i dont' know about you guys and gals out there, But one thing i am comfortable saying is that when i write down a list of my OC's and lok on the internet, read about you guys, stories from others, and i contribte my own posts. It makes me feel like my OCD is getting better.
i feel that if i understand more about it, i will rid my mind of it... does anyone else feel this way?

getbornagain

I only became aware of what OCD is and that I have it 5 months ago. It's unbelievable. Some of my past actions and beliefs are exactly what is desribed within the OCD pyramid. For me it's morphed from various types over time. First it was repitition OCD, then BDD, and currently HOCD and CSP. I've never been diagnosed but I'm going this very week for an official diagnosis. I fit the description 100% and am pretty sure the psychologist will agree. I can't wait to learn how to control my thoughts and actions as it part of the reason why I fuck up around women.

krfoss

hey there dura_dan,

Glad you are finding the forum helpful for your OCD. I am a recent member here and am so excited to see people getting better by talking to eachother about their OCD.

Its funny you mention your OCD getting better by writing down your OCs and doing alot of reading about it. That is one of the first aspects of treatment. Keep writing your obsessions and compulsions down without giving into the compulsions. Are you in any treatment for it?

Good luck!

bobbby

OCD.jpg

durda_dan

krfoss said:
hey there dura_dan,

Glad you are finding the forum helpful for your OCD. I am a recent member here and am so excited to see people getting better by talking to eachother about their OCD.

Its funny you mention your OCD getting better by writing down your OCs and doing alot of reading about it. That is one of the first aspects of treatment. Keep writing your obsessions and compulsions down without giving into the compulsions. Are you in any treatment for it?

Good luck!
no, I wil be in a few months when i go back to canada i am in asia now and there are no doctors here within the price range of me ever affording my plane home again, the english doctors here are so pricey , made for rich folk only i take it.