Unexpected Source of OCD Relief

CinnamonCinder

So, I'm someone that's tried a number of different approaches/supplements/medications to deal with my OCD, and very little has had much of an impressionable effect.

However, one supplement has helped recently, and it came as quite a surprise to me.

As I'm someone who tries to workout (somewhat) regularly, a friend suggested I try a supplement called "Ripped Fuel Extreme" in order to give me more endurance in the gym. I laughed it off, but he gave me the remainder of his supply for free, so I figured "Hey! Why not try it?"

I did try it, and I've noticed that whenever I've taken it, my OCD tendencies drop off very noticeably (and before I begin exercising, so I know that exercise is not a factor in the drop off). They're still there--they don't evaporate completely--but I'd say my compulsions drop significantly, and with the remaining ones, I'm probably able to ignore them half the time.

My question for you guys is this:

Which component of this supplement may be the cause of my OCD relief?

Here's the list of ingredients:

Calcium: 118 mg (as calcium carbonate) (12% of Daily Value)

Chromium: 200 mcg (as chromium polynicotinate) (167% of DV)

Proprietary Herbal Extract: 125 mg (standardized for 60% free b-ring flavoniods and 10% fkavans from baical skullcap root and black catechu bark)

Cocoa Seed Extract: 315 mg (standardized for 10% theobromine as well as caffeine, tyramine, and phenylethylamine)

Green Tea Leaf Extract: 315 mg (standardized for 45% epigallocatechin gallate and 6% caffeine)

Caffeine: 220 mg (as caffeine anhydrous, green tea leaf extract, and cocoa seed extract)

L-Carnitine: 13 mg (as I-carnitine I-tartrate)

Cayenne Fruit Extract: 50 mg

Any ideas on which ingredient may be the root cause of my diminished obsessions and compulsions?

ImNotMyIllness

No idea to be honest. But, if it works, that's great!..Although do be cautious, Carnitine (which is a meat protein) may cause heart issues down the line. That's according to a study but it could be wrong and 13mg does sound like a small amount.

looker644

Thank you for sharing this with us. I.m eager to try this for myself. At first glance, I would try to isolate the ingredients and try them individually. Chromium would be my first. Unfortunately, the placebo effect may influence me, but I.ll let you know the outcome.