Using Idromed 5GS

JustG

Hi,

For several years I have been using an Idromed 5 GS for my hands and feet. I have had success with my hands but limited success with my feet.

Lately I have not been able to get any real success. I have been using my machine almost daily for over a month, missing -maybe 4-6 sessions.

Originally I was putting the machine at 8mA for hands (15mins) and 17-19mA for feet ( 30mins) but have had to lower this due to cuts and dry skin that have appeared, although sweating has not ceased ( I do think anxiety has increased due to my lack of success ).

Has anyone discovered a good system for using the Idromed?

I would be really grateful for any help as I am on the verge of having to quit my job and I really don't want to.

Thanks in advance

NickM

Your problem isn't specific to the idromed device. All ionto machines work the same. For cuts, put petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the affected area and turn up the amps to as much as you can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jezza

I've been using a 4GS for years now (off and on but more on than off). Feet are a bit more of an issue to get dry than hands for me too.

Since you mention the different mA numbers for feet and hands I'm assuming you're doing the 'one hand in one tray, other hand in other tray' routine and then repeat for feet. One thing that helped me a lot was to let that go and do the treatments with both hands in one tray and both feet in the other (I bought a plastic storage box to put my feet in so I can cover the area that needs treatment with water; it's not just the soles and areas not covered by water aren't treated). It effectively doubles your treatment time without costing you more time.

I put the dial on 15mA for both (because simultaneous, so yeah) and just switch polarities by switching the cables on the machine halfway through.

I use 15 mA pretty much from the get go when I first got the machine. I remember back then it was sometimes painful, especially with the cuts that the machine makes in the beginning. However, I found that over time, especially if I use the machine daily (which I don't always do) the pain kinda subsides to the point where you barely even feel it anymore, plus the machine doesn't make that many cuts anymore somehow. Then when I don't do treatments for a while and start up again, it's kinda *****ly again...I suppose this is in line with the desensibilisation of the sweat nerves.

Another thing that might help with 'the pain' is use pretty hot water. I usually use water that starts off so hot that it's even a little uncomfortable at first (it cools off fast particularly in the shallow tray) and I feel it's more comfortable that way.

Sprawling

Another way is using 2 trays for hands and 2 trays for the feet. I connect the top 2 trays with a wire with alligator clips, same thing on the bottom. Power lead to the top, and a power lead to the bottom. switch polarity after 15 minutes.

warm/hot water also works for me as well.

JustG

Thanks for the replies guys.

Jezza, I do use the machine as you stated. Forgive my stupidity but the way you do it, do you place both hands ( and feet ) on the one electrode plate?

I also have been using hot water ( not far off boiled ). I usually cover the top of my foot with a jay cloth, which I wet. I don't think it has proven to be a great success and it only covers one area of the foot.

I had to get replacement plates which will only possibly work with shallower trays but I will investigate others. I was under the impression that the shallower the amount of water,the better but I may be wrong.

NickM thanks for mentioning petroleum jelly. I have used this since the start, it was just lately the skin on my right foot has been drying out a lot but with no great reduction in HH.

Sprawling thanks for the suggestion, I would give it a go but I don't trust myself around electrical equipment.

Thanks again for your help

Sprawling

I have found little difference with the quantity of water used. My treatment results have been the same whether using 2 gallons of water or 1 quart.

Jezza

Thanks for the replies guys.

Jezza, I do use the machine as you stated. Forgive my stupidity but the way you do it, do you place both hands ( and feet ) on the one electrode plate?

I also have been using hot water ( not far off boiled ). I usually cover the top of my foot with a jay cloth, which I wet. I don't think it has proven to be a great success and it only covers one area of the foot.

I had to get replacement plates which will only possibly work with shallower trays but I will investigate others. I was under the impression that the shallower the amount of water,the better but I may be wrong.

NickM thanks for mentioning petroleum jelly. I have used this since the start, it was just lately the skin on my right foot has been drying out a lot but with no great reduction in HH.

Sprawling thanks for the suggestion, I would give it a go but I don't trust myself around electrical equipment.

Thanks again for your help

Both hands on one plate, both feet on the other plate...yes.

...I usually cover the top of my foot with a jay cloth, which I wet. I don't think it has proven to be a great success and it only covers one area of the foot. (...) I was under the impression that the shallower the amount of water,the better but I may be wrong.

Well I think you're technically correct about the latter in one way as I think adding more water reduces the current density, I did the same thing in the beginning cause of the same reasoning. HOWEVER, I found that areas that are not covered by the water are not treated, so in case of hands, between the fingers and on top of the fingers there was no dryness and this still causes that overall 'wet' feeling. In case of the feet the sides and upper part of the toes were also still wet. So you have to add enough to cover the areas you want to treat. To get even more technical I think that adding more water doesn't necessarily reduce the effectiveness close to the plates so that could explain what Sprawling mentions about the effectiveness not being affected but I don't know enough about currents to say that with confidence (i'd be interested to know though if anyone here can explain current density and it's implications for ionto here)...Anyway; I cover my fingers completely with water (some of the upside of my palm is not covered) and my feet to just below the ankles so with the entire actual foot covered as well.

I had to get replacement plates which will only possibly work with shallower trays but I will investigate others.

Not sure what you mean by this but if you mean adding more water floods the connections from the cables to the plate: it's no problem, I've been doing that for years.

...was just lately the skin on my right foot has been drying out a lot but with no great reduction in HH.

The drying out is a good sign IMO, it's pretty common in the beginning I believe. For me when I started doing the treatments like described above it took about 3 weeks of daily treatments to achieve complete hand dryness (and I'm critical so complete = complete) and mostly acceptable feet dryness. A pretty crazy experience after so many years of sweaty hands. Sadly the generalised HH means it's still a big problem overall but it is still nice to have something to combat the HH at least somewhat however tedious a process it is or at least know it's there when it's needed for a hand shaking event.

Last edited: