want to date

dannyboy65

I want to date I have been ready for a year now. I'm 17 and my last relationship was 2 years ago. I just feel lonely alot now, I just miss holding someone and feeling special to someone. I haven't felt that feeling in so long, its a feeling I love because I don't get much attention at all from anyone, not even my friends. I'm not old enough yet to look at dating sites and half the people in my school don't like me. Like I don't even care what type of relationship it is, I'm not one of those teenagers obsessed with sex either. I don't know how to talk to girls which is sort of a problem and I'm scared half of them will get bored with me because I don't know how to keep a conversation cause of my autism. Anyone else feel like this? Anyone have tips for me?

rosewood

dannyboy65, my son has autism. so I am proud of you right now just for posting, and I have your back.

try to be patient and kind with yourself. you have more on your plate than most people.

I don't know if you have noticed, but a lot of guys have the exact same problem you do in here.

you are not alone.

I have been approached in public (from strangers) who were family members of kiddos with autism come over and say we have to stick together. these words made me feel better. so I am saying this to you with the earnest hope it will make you feel better, I am giving you a thumbs up and lots of support.