Went to doctors today

Nightshade

6-8 weeks is too long to wait in my opinion if you are having bad side-effects (bad enough to consider stopping the medication). Did the doctor mention side-effects to you?

I would ring the doctor's office and explain that you have been prescribed a medication and have having side-effects that you are concerned about (say this to the receptionist, you don't have to be specific about the medication). Ask to speak to the doctor or failing that, a nurse (if the doctor is unavailable hopefully they would ring you back).

(Okay when I say this is what I would do, I think it is actually what my mother made me do when I had this problem. But I think it was the right thing.)

What you need to find out is whether these side-effects concern them. Some side-effects might be expected but others might be indicating that this medication is not right for you. So you need to have a short talk with them and see if they are concerned enough to want you to come back in for an appointment sooner.

That's my take on it. Sorry it involves more interacting.

By the way, have you been refered to a psychologist or a psychiatrist or something else? A psychiatrist will know more about medications than a GP, but I psychologist can help you with the psychological techniques that I believe are the most important answer for beating social phobia.