What do you Think?

Ana

Depression runs in my family, on both my Mother's side and Father's. So, the chances of me getting it are pretty high. The reason I'm posting this is because I'm pretty sure I have depression.
I'm 16 years old and I also have OCD. Lately I've been really down; my life has just fallen apart.
My Mother thinks I have depression, and she's the only one who knows about what I'm feeling right now. I don't want to see the doctor because I have this obsession with being perfect and in my mind, by being diagnosed with depression, I'm not perfect enough for the world. Please understand I am not saying that depression or people who have it are any different from anyone else.
So, what in the world do I do? I'm so down it isn't even funny. Sometimes I feel as if it's impossible to be happy. I could win a million dollars and still find something to cry about.
I'm falling apart, everything is! My OCD is horrible at the moment, I'm so sad that I probably spend most of my day crying and I'm stressed about my weight again, which usualy leads to diets that aren't healthy.
Please, someone who has depression or understands it, give me some advice or tell me if I have some of the symptoms of depression, anything to help!

Tryin

Welcome to our sad reality, my friend. You probably have it bad, but hey! you can deal with it. It's great that you are trying to kick the damn thing instead of reveling in it. Depression is not the coolest thing ever but it doesn't mean you are any more perfect then other people. Don't give up. If it's too bad, consider therapy. Otherwise, just find things that will make you feel better. For me, music works, and books, and friends, and exercise. It's cool that you have your mum to help you. As I said, don't give up. You deserve being happy.

All the best.

Ana

Thanks.
Hopefully I can 'deal' with it without seeing a doctor. Oh well, it's not the worst thing in the world.