what is a rant???

LA323

im just courious, ive heard this word often and i dont know what its is, ive never heard it b4 until i joined this website

Anonymous

It is when someone is pissed off about something and goes on an internet tyraid of sorts. :evil:

GettingThere

"rant ( P )
v. rant·ed, rant·ing, rants
v. intr.
To speak or write in a angry or violent manner; rave.

v. tr.
To utter or express with violence or extravagance: a dictator who ranted his vitriol onto a captive audience.

n.
Violent or extravagant speech or writing.
A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence: “The vast majority [of teenagers logged onto the Internet] did not encounter recipes for pipe bombs or deranged rants about white supremacy” (Daniel Okrent).
Chiefly British. Wild or uproarious merriment."

Frequently used in conjunction with the word 'rave'.

Hamble

GettingThere said:
"rant ( P )
v. rant·ed, rant·ing, rants
v. intr.
To speak or write in a angry or violent manner; rave.

v. tr.
To utter or express with violence or extravagance: a dictator who ranted his vitriol onto a captive audience.

n.
Violent or extravagant speech or writing.
A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence: “The vast majority [of teenagers logged onto the Internet] did not encounter recipes for pipe bombs or deranged rants about white supremacy” (Daniel Okrent).
Chiefly British. Wild or uproarious merriment."

Frequently used in conjunction with the word 'rave'.

erm 8O I used the word in a topic header. I wasnt insinuating I was haveing a violent outburst spitting vengence and hatred. In england its sort of perceived as someone going on about somthing and boring the pants off everyone.

*sits in corner twitching and dribbling*

tommydog

well when i used the word which i often do lol it means "well, im gonna blubber on about something .. it may or may not be incoherent, i dont necessarily expect a response" :lol:

Yossarian

Hamble said:
*sits in corner twitching and dribbling*

ahhh.... the good 'ol' days

I just use it as meaning don't worry i'm just gonna get some stuff off my chest by having a big whinge. Like tommy i don't really expect a replyi just want to get it out of system.