What is/are your best musical film(s)?

SaharaWorld

Maybe I should've asked this instead as the categories I gave in the poll might not be liked by everyone

What's everyone's favourite musical films??

Mine are:-

1. Oliver Twist
2. Grease
3. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

LibertadIlusoria

South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Hey, it's musical! :) and The Wizard of Oz
The Wizard of Oz has been my favorite movie since I was like 5. :lol:

Waybuloo

Dancer in the dark
the merit of the film overrides the musical aspect, which nevertheless lends it a haunting element. the end completely blows you away. Watch it!

It's not a film, but I loved the musical episode of buffy the vampire slayer............. *hides under the desk*

Hmm shouldn't have admitted that LOL :lol:

kattness

mary freaky poppins... hardcore fan right here!!

i dunno if this counts but - the nightmare before christmas
and south park the movie.

jesus i forgot about hedwig and the angry inch! im putting it im my dvd as i type. nothing better than a transexual rock star!

cLavain

pea said:
cLavain said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Spinal Tap yet! 8)

Because Spinal Tap's one of the best ever 'rockmentary's maybe ?

" Nigel Tufnel: You can't really dust for vomit ". :p :lol:

He he! Yeah, I know it's not a musical, but it's the only movie mentioned so far where people singing actually makes sense! Musicals are just...silly. *quickly leaves thread*

Bad News was better than spinal tap i think. hedwig is brilliant, rocky horror picture show, taboo and Roxy Saint: Underground Personality Tapes

Roxy as a crazy punk-rock sex robot? And is that a full-body condom or the reincarnation of some crazy suburban mom's plastic couch cover? Watch her caress a dead girl (??), strangle a skeleton head in a baby buggy and dangle ominously from a kinky Asian sex swing. Ah, it's the Roxy we've come to love.

oh and quadrophinia!