Because I Try
To Do Good
For Others
Lord You Open My Eyes.

***MEMORIZE ME***(SECOND POEM SERIES)
TOMMY R. LASTER AKA FizTzle

Tommy Laster

Last edited:
Well I am not 40, but I do know how you feel. Any little thing helps and the first step could be some audio tapes. Dr. Richards is pretty good. I really dont think its too late as some peoples' live dont start until they are like 55 or 60. It takes outside sources yes, but ultimately, it has to be up to you to want to change enough, and overcome this problem. I see it as, if someone can overcome social anxiety, depression, or OCD, they can overcome ANYTHING!!!
Good luck to YOU. :)

TheStatue

Have you read about Avoidant personality disorder? I identify with pretty much all you are writing (well at least to the extent that a 20-year-old can), and I found out very recently that my problem is AvPD. I constantly avoid everything social in fear of not behaving adequately. I have always felt inferior at communicating with others. Don't have any friends, never kissed a girl (in love with one, but I keep avoiding her in fear of rejection, crying as I see her slowly slip away). For as long as I can remember I've been convinced there is something wrong with me. I'm a complex thing though, and I seem to fit the description of a whole bunch of diagnoses. But I now know that AvPD is my one biggest problem, and perhaps if I learn to deal with it everything else will turn out to be OK in the end. Though I don't know when I'll find the courage to call a therapist.

lollipop103

Aww, I can totally relate to you and I feel horrible for you. Cheer up! But seriously, the only thing that you can do to cure this IS to face your fears. So what if they think what you say is stupid, or dumb, or lame? It won't kill you, you'll be fine--just walk away and try again. After you do this a couple of times you'll get used to it, and it will get so much easier.

Noca

Banned
I found the exposure therapy part of CBT to be the most helpful in achieving permanent results. You need to start low on your anxiety hierarchy and work your way up. Simply living life isnt exposure therapy, the exposures have to be controlled.

Tascharae

Share |

Open My Eye's (Jan: 1/4/2010)

User Rating:

-- /10
(0 votes)

0 Print friendly version

0 E-mail this poem to e friend

0 Send this poem as eCard

0 Add this poem to MyPoemList

It Took That
You Already Know