What's it like?

Sad-Kitten

Whats agoraphobia like? I'm not very familiar with the symptoms. I don't have it i don't think, but i was just curious what it was that agoraphobes don't like about going outside.

I like going outside i find it to be calming out amongst the trees and fresh air however i don't do it very often because I'm afraid people will want to talk to me. lol

I'm scared of people and I want to hide. Plain and simple, I just don't want anyone to see me. I just don't want people to see how I look because I hate it, and I'm just scared of them in general. There are a lot of different people who are scared of going outside for a lot of different reason.

kuze

im not scared of being outside, i just dont like it. ive had bad experiences n continue 2 have them when i get out. ive also lost all my friends ova d yrs so i hve no real incentive 2 get out. its a tough hole 2 get out of.

Liz17

I'm frightened of needing the toilet like all the time, so the more people there the more frightened I get of embarrassing myself. then of course it triggers a panic attack and you feel even worse. So I guess you avoid it, due to the embarrassment, well thats my story. :D We all have different fears.

turko

i just dont or sometimes cannot leave my home. your home becomes your safe place. i have agoraphobia for that long what i do seems to be normal until someone tells you different.

Sad-Kitten

Well i guess i do have it then, as i'm the same way, not wanting to answer the phone and even hiding in my room when people knock at the door. I'm getting better at it though, like talking to people that come to the door. I always thought agoraphobia was the fear of the outside it self. I never realized that my dislike to go outside for fear of social interaction was classified as agoraphobia...huh well now i know. :eek: Thanks for the replies.