Which one is the safest med?

vash27

I am giving up taking topical solutions and moving onto meds. But i need to know which one is the safest to start with.

Ditropan?
Robinul?
Probanthine?
Avert?

p.s idk if they all may be the same medication but just have different brand names...

margiehope

Robinul and Avert are the same med--glycopyrrolate. Avert is the Canadian brand name. I've been on it for about 2 years with some dry mouth but no severe side effects--but everyone's different.

Claudelle

Have you tried either Dehydral or Hydrosal gel?

Vash27, which topicals did you try? The ones that are mainly for the underarms (like CertainDri or Drysol) will not work on the hands and feet because the skin there is different from underam skin so the hands and feet simply cannot absorb the product.

One of the most effective topicals is Hydrosal gel developed by world renowned expert on hyperhidrosis Dr. Antranik Benohanian. It is different because it's in a salicylic acid gel which is better absorbed by the hands and feet. I tried it and although it worked better than any other topical (I would say 75% dry), it had too many side effects. You would need to apply hydrocortisone or petroleum jelly in between your fingers eveyr night before applying Hydrosal so they don't turn red and peel (looks very gross). I would have kept using it if this was the only problem I had with it. Unfortunately these aluminum salts may cause urinary retention in some people (such as myself) and that I cannot deal with. But Hydrosal gel might work for you.

I am now going to dry Dehydral which is 8% methenamine. Dehydral doesn't contain aluminum salts like all of the other topicals. I recently ordered it and its on its way. Have you used either of these 2 topicals that I mentioned?

vash27

hi claudelle, i don't think i'll ever try topical products again. because. i am on avert now. avert is a godsend. it help me from my SA, and for all of my daily basis. it also helps me boost my self esteem... ^_^