why do only a few people reply?

Anonymous

Over 500 people read the celebs with SP post but only like 12 replied. Is it because you have nothing to say or because you are to afriad to say something? no one here knows you and everyone knows how it feels so...i dunno i could be wrong.

happywannabe

hi
how cum celebs can have sb too i couldnt do the things the can do i wish.

i have left a few post the nite but havent been on for weeks cos i did cum on nearlt every nite but no one was leveing post so if u wanna just chat leave me a post
chow any can more the welcome

racheH

Yes I think alot of it is people feeling insecure when having conversations as well, but just seeing that they aren't the only ones with those kinds of problems probably is help anyway for some - I know it helped me.
As for the celebrity phobia thing, worrydoll, I think you're right about people who think they have it and then get famous, it's probably not conventional SAD they have. However I think there may be a few who have very specific forms of it. Mine started out specific and at that time there were things I could have done with no irrational feelings that most people here might get. I mean if you love drama and want to be an actress, having a fear of eating or writing in public are unlikely to hold you back (these weren't mine though). Happywannabe, I used to wish I was like famous people too but then I realised that many people deal with problems in different ways and some of them were only in it to boost self-esteem and some seemingly self-assured people are often really very insecure.

There's someone in a band I listen to who performs alot, has a confident, witty persona and is now famous, but (allegedly, I don't know them) sometimes gets panic attacks on stage. It might well be some other problem, but the words and name of a song on their album seem to me only to describe some kind of phobia, and you couldn't make them up without understanding it. Now I mention it, I might put the words up here some time, because I'll bet I'm not the only person here who could relate to them.

Anyway, I would encourage anyone embarrassed to just try writing a reply - people here are very appreciative and nice, and ironically alot of people all feel inferior at the same time! :wink: You can always delete it again if it's as bad as you thought it would be.

Crimefish

I'm just generalising here, but I think I only reply when no one has said what I would say. I just don't know why people would want to read my replies saying "Yeah, I agree with [usename]." Seems like a waste of two seconds of all your lives.

Anonymous

i do not agree with you two at all. it's great when some one agrees even if they just say yeah yeah. it shows us that people can understand what we mean and we feel better. yeah yeah. :lol:

Crimefish

I agree. It's great when someone says that, but I feel guilty when I'm that someone.
Because of course, other people can do stuff I can't, and it's okay when they do it, but it's not okay when I do it. [/90% sarcasm]

shep

Probably for every post I actually send, there is one that is written out and deleted. I talk myself out of it for some reason. Anyway, we are here to seek help and understanding and to help others when we can but for many, posting is not an easy thing for them to do. However, they read many of the posts of others and and the replies to them and find help in that. Eventually, they may post a new thread or a reply and "break the ice". Either way, this is a helpful site in some way for all of us who have this problem.