Why?

Hi,

I was just cycling on the road, and today I wear casual clothes.
Not really modern, or trendy. I just wear normal clothes.
I kind of get obsessed in my mind when people look at me.
''I have to look goooooooodddddd'' Is what my mind tells me all the time.
When boys/girls walk by me they stare like ''Wow.. You're not good enough''
''Wow you look weird'' i HATE that look on their face !
I wish I could be happy with the ''normal look'' but i always need to look perfect.
When I wear a skirt, a sexy top, and girly shoes, everybody looks at me like
''You look great!'' Why must girls dress like a cosmo girl to look great?
I feel so ****in ugly with these clothes darn ::(:
This is one of my biggest obsession. When a friend comes to see me, I need to look like a cosmo girl or I feel unworthy.
It's insane.
:/

How about boys/girls here, do you actually like girls who dress casual?

I'm sorry for the negativity, it's just my mind freaking out.

Well, xxxx

I prefer women who dress casually and modestly with no make-ups. But that's just me. Also, I usually see how a woman's character is, even looks are secondary. I've been attracted to girls who are 'supposedly ugly' by the other guys' judgment. But hey... looks fade away in time...

Anyway, you're pretty already no matter what you wear. Don't sweat it.

Last edited:

LadyWench

Hi,

I wish I could be happy with the ''normal look'' but i always need to look perfect.
When I wear a skirt, a sexy top, and girly shoes, everybody looks at me like
''You look great!'' Why must girls dress like a cosmo girl to look great?
I feel so ****in ugly with these clothes darn ::(:
This is one of my biggest obsession. When a friend comes to see me, I need to look like a cosmo girl or I feel unworthy.
It's insane.
:/

How about boys/girls here, do you actually like girls who dress casual?

I'm sorry for the negativity, it's just my mind freaking out.

Well, xxxx

I feel the exact same way. It's crazy. I think it's just a huge lack in self-esteem and self-worth. According to society, women are supposed to be beautiful. It's pretty messed up, if you ask me. But I'm threatened by it, too, and I hate it. I always find myself wanting to look good, even though I feel that's impossible. I refuse to look in mirrors if I'm not dressing myself up. I just feel ugly and fat all the time. Not fun.

Felgen

I prefer girls who dress casually. :) My advice is to not give a damn about what other people thinks.

mrb

its not the clothes that matter its the person inside the clothes , as for my self i dont really dress smart , i just walk around in shorts and flip flops most of the time , but i do have to say when my gfs over uk she says OI GARY YOUR NOT WEARING THAT :eek: and makes me wear smarts clothes , i usualy say pfft its all about image with you isnt it :rolleyes: she would not wear a jumper of mine in the back of my car once even though she was really cold ....... well whatever darlin i said you just sit there and shiver with the cold but hey at least you look smart eh no one will point and stare :D she said dont be so sarcastic i said noooooooo little one im just telling it as it is ;) hahahahaha

Kat

I prefer girls who dress casually. :) My advice is to not give a damn about what other people thinks.

That's great, advice :)

I, normally wear casual/dressy type stuff. Like a nice top and jeans. But, I am not sure if what others wear really affects me it's more their nature

Newtype

Are you kidding me? It's so hot when a girl dresses casually! I never judge a person based on his/her clothes, that's madness! If there are really people who are giving you strange looks, then something's not right in their head. Ignore people like that, they're a waste of time. You want people to like you for your personality, never forget that :)

da_illest101

It always depend, if it's a the gym, sports or just in the street i don't get why would a girl be dress to impress, put make up etc. If it's at a restaurant or a date i would expect that, but i wouldn't care if she doesn't

memyselfandi

I prefer when women wear casual clothes. I also prefer limited or no make up.

I think quite honestly I prefer the exact opposite of what the media/society says women are "supposed" to look like.:)

flowergirlie,

you're a very attractive girl so all I can say is to hopefully not sweat it and just dress/look the way you want.

DarkPhoenix

I think you would get weird looks if you were wearing a little short cut dress and makeup fit for a clown whilst going for a cycle, girls that look like they're about to go clubbing when going about their daily business just look ridiculous in my opinion, dress to suit the occasion.

Ritta

I hate how society likes to control what you should or not wear. Many, many, many years go, I tried really hard to look nice all the time. It was too much work and way too expensive. Even doing that every day was not enough, someone would always find something to criticize about. I decided to go on strike. Since then, I haven't worn any make up or expensive clothes. I wear casual comfortable clothes. I like to be able to sit anywhere I want or go to the park and not worry about ruining my shoes. Even though, I'm more comfortable now, I hate the looks I get from people from time to time. This one day, I was wearing my casual baggy clothes and a cap, because it was sunny out, and when I got on the bus this stupid man told his little son that I was a lesbian. I guess wearing baggy clothing and a cap makes you one, huh? I try to ignore comments like that, but they still hurt ::(:

seafolly

Any guy I've been close with/I've ever heard opinions on this subject, they ALL say they want a low maintenance girl. That means not primping to go to the grocery store. It's not so much what she's wearing. A girl should be allowed to wear what she wants without judgement and if it's fancy stuff, so be it. It's the confidence inside that truly matters. So wear what you want, wear what makes you feel the most comfortable. It'll show. :)

On the topic of makeup I'd always be afraid to go out in public without at least concealer on. I saw it as a mask. Over time I rid myself of the feeling everyone was staring and stopped caring but that took some effort! I was never as bad off as my sister though. With BDD, she spent literally two to three hours minimum each morning on hair and makeup. It took her a few years to kick that and it's not completely gone.