Will I ever find a girlfriend ?

jesuschristschild

i used to feel this way too.....i been a believer in God for 2 years, and hes filled up that hole, that loneliness i been looking for, i just lean on him and love him like i did girls.....now when a girl comes along, i look at her soul and make sure shes for me, i dont stay for loneliness or anything like that

i just broke up with a girl 2 days ago because i didnt feel her soul made me a hundred percent content

that hole we have inside is there for a reason

i just think of his person(i learned about him in the bible as a person) and i lean on him, i lay my soul on him, and he fills me inside.....its not easy as it looks, it takes time and patience, because its a relationship with the living God, he made us to love him

well i wish the best for you all, and i love you

CHRIST FOR LIFE
LIFE FOREVER

ato

I have the same problem here. I am 33 y/old and only had 1 girlfriend for only 3 months. We broke up because I was very shy and her mother doesnt like shy people. I am worried at my age without a GF not even married without a family.

Quinzio

ato said:
I have the same problem here. I am 33 y/old and only had 1 girlfriend for only 3 months. We broke up because I was very shy and her mother doesnt like shy people. I am worried at my age without a GF not even married without a family.

Hi ato,
if you want, I would like you to answer to a short question:
WHY ?

I mean try to write down the reasons why you haven't had any girlfriend.
Toghther we can discuss them, and it will be helpful for you and me too.

ato

HI Quinzio
The reason why, is that I have considered myself as a person that cant bring a woman what a real man can give to her ie: producing money enough, talk a lot to her friends; being admired by others. I have always felt in a second place of importance
that's what i cant write for this moment, if this can't help let me know i'll write more

Latrut

Hello. This topic was discontinued but I felt a strong desire to write something. It is because I have almost the same problems. I have never had a real girlfriend in my life and I am 29 and this makes me increasingly depresive. This is true with one exception - I had one year platonic love with a married woman. It was very disturbing to me and it still is. In that time I meant this relationship just for frienship and that helped me to continue. But of course, soon after it ended, I understood that it wasn't like that. In fact we never touched except just one kiss. We 've been going out and telling each other that we are in love. The hole story is very disturbing to me. I know and partialy knew of course, that it was wrong, it is a bad thing and it is a real sin. But that's not the point here. The point is about never having a girlfriend. I am and have ever been too shy. Too shy for real living. I feel a mere terror when I remember how, when I was a kid (11-12) I thought that I would never find a girlfriend - respectively wife - because I would never be brave enough to tell a girl that I like her or invite her to a date. It turned out to be a truth now. That relationship, that I mentioned, was initiated by the woman, initialy as a friendship (she was 5 years older than me).
But reading this chain of postings I note one thing - for you who have similar problems - you perceive them something like enemies to fight with, but say nothing about the environment where you live, and where you grew up. For me - I can say except that I am sure that the main reason is that I was born such a person, I was very dependent from my familiy as a child and continue to be dependent now - wich I find awful and practicaly destroying me. I have work , but I almost have no friends, I contact with nobody except my mother and father. I think this situation is such that if it continues, after couple of years I will be completely ruined. I hope that if I have chance to leave home and to live separately, it would be a step forward less shyness and more probability to contact a girl. I fully understand that this may not be true but...
Please excuse my english and that I wrote all this.

MarCPatt

There is a somewhat shy guy at my hubby's job that is single and about 32 years old. I have a sister who hasn't been lucky with men, is a nice looking woman, is 29 and has a 7 year old beautiful child. My sister is a hard worker, and because of her job and child, she really does not have time to date. The child's father started another family with another woman and now has three other childre, and I just do not think that my sister is ever going back with him because of this. She is not the type of woman that dates a lot of man, in fact I think that she only has been with two all her life. She tells me that she does wish to find love.
Anyways, to make the story a little shorter, my problem is that I do not know if I should try to set my hubby's co-worker and my sister together. The shy guy is Italian, cooks, has no girlfriend, I do not think he is gay, and seems like a sweet person. What should I do? Should I give this guy my sister's number so they can give it a try, a chance into forming a relationship? Or should I just not bother. My sister does live in another state and the shy guy has mentioned that he has had a difficult time finding love, because the women he falls for don't want anything with him.
What do you guys think?

Scottish_Player

I thiink you should go for it, what is there to loose.Tell your sister your what your thinking iam sure if you like the guy then she probably will also like him too.

They can only give it a try, other wise they will never know :wink: