Will seeing a doctor help?

prince1

If i was to go see a doctor about severe blushing would there be anything he could do? ive tried countless techniques to combat the problem but nothing has worked and its making me deppressed pretty much all the time thinking abut when i blush.

DYiNG-iNSiDE

i know what you you mean. i was wondering the same thing, i hsve a dr apt fri and ill prob ask him bout it ill let u kno what he says :)

DYiNG-iNSiDE

well i asked my dr and she just laughed and saidthats cute. :? stupid lady so idk i got prescribed serequil i rllywanted this 1 medicine my brother rlly likes its got a long name that stats w a b its kinda like valium and xanax but not as bad but she wouldnt give it 2 me, i didnt like her 2 much.

prince1

DYiNG-iNSiDE said:
well i asked my dr and she just laughed and saidthats cute. :? stupid lady so idk i got prescribed serequil i rllywanted this 1 medicine my brother rlly likes its got a long name that stats w a b its kinda like valium and xanax but not as bad but she wouldnt give it 2 me, i didnt like her 2 much.

lol she sounds like a bitch. Anyway did you say your younger than 16 because im 15 and my doctor said i gotta wait till im 16 to get prescribed anything 8O :? its only like a month away but still. I hope i get something like xanax, heard good things. Never heard of serequil though mabye ill research it.

prince1

Blushed said:
I've wondered this myself. There has been a few times I've felt like asking my doctor, but I just couldn't gather up the strengh. I just don't think he would understand.

However I always thought it would be helpful to take in a printed out definition of Erythrophobia for him to read. You can find one here:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12234

Thinking about it that may be what ive got. Im just hopeing combating the SP will be the same as combating that fear seeing as there fairly similiar about being centre of attention.

prince1

Pitrus said:
Doc can only give u meds if something.

Thats all i want. But the problem is what meds, my doctor dosent seem to be well educated in these sorts of area.

Pitrus

read some forums. SSRI bata blockers all that stuff can help. I personally dont take none becouse i dont got money but when i go work ill get those for sure.
Seroxat seems to help the most with the nervouse blushing but u can also try the otehr method that worked for one person named Justin
here is the link http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt9311.html
there is also his myspace so if u got one u can pst him.
the otehr drugs that seem to work for ppl are BetalocZoc
Propanolol and metoprolol those two are almost same just metoprolol works longet(by the way tehy both suppose to stop blushing by slowing ur heart rate so watch out with those)

If u need some more drugs and stuff check http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/ they have a really good forum and they mainly discuss FB so they have alot of posts about drugs.