Wondering...

Chilling__Echo

How can people go to clubs?? Personally i've never been to one but i'm sitting at home watching the Real World (which i know is not very real but i'm sure it's got the clubs right)

all it is is some sex pot where people first stand around and check each other out, then pick who they like and then rub their bits on them dancing and drinking all night and everything goes!

enter: me. ::sitting balled up in the corner traumatized from other peoples' lack of inabitions::

i feel like a prude now, just wondering if anyone can relate and if anyone here actually does go to clubs and has a good time with SA...

*edit* oh yeah, i forgot the hook up afterwards... i don't get it

black_mamba

I've been to clubs in the past, and yeah they're basically just one big mating zoo. Occassionally you find places which are a tad more into the music than simply rubbing bits (often they're rock clubs, because RnB is all about the sex right?). :)

I've never felt comfy in popular clubs/RnB type places. I had the worst night of my life in one - I had just been dumped and had promised a friend to go with her to a club. I spent about 5 hours sitting on my own drinking cheap alcohol. One guy seemed to be concerned, but was ultimately trying to pick someone up. ZzzZZz

I feel far more at home in rock or punk clubs. There seems to be a much more defined sense of community in these places rather than competition. Plus, you feel like you're in the middle of movie in some nightclubs because they're so glamorous.

A lot of it has to do with music tastes as well. Nothing can be more fun than hearing your favourite song in the world at 50000 decibels and dancing like a mad woman in darkened room.

P.S I only dance when lots of others are dancing too. Dancing = jumping on the spot. Oh and I'm terrified of clubs, but enjoy it more when I get there. The darkness gives everyone a sense of anonymity. So I recommend it...I can't guarantee it will always be fun, but if you find the right combination of mood/club and company it can be an amazing night out. :)

Chilling__Echo

i've been to a couple of shows, all were rock shows which wasn't really a club at all but a small building and not so much dancing and was packed, one was nothing by moshing in which case i was so glad i'd just happened to park myself up on the only bleacher there along side the wall so i was higher up than everyone else. i don't mind concerts as long as they're not life threatening so i always find out what kind of music it is before i go.

Chilling__Echo

but then it sucks when you see them on the street on tuesday morning and cant speak or look at them..

lol i bet! i dunno, i guess i'm just part of the other __% of people that don't enjoy it. i know it seems like everyone goes but i'm sure it's not like that. those that do just tend to stick out more b/c they're more on the outgoing side - not to say that you have to be outgoing - but yeah. the fact that i don't drink may also have alot to do with it.

matteroffact, the only time i went to a party my freshman year in college i drank for the first time (go ahead and laugh) seeing as how none of friends drank in high school, parties scared me, and my parents didnt drink. well i went with a bunch of girls on my hall and they started playing a drinking game and one of the guys started talking to me amidst everyone else and somehow the conversation lead up to me saying that i'd never drunk before...

BIG MISTAKE ::foot goes in mouth:: the whole night he kept comin up to me "you doing ok?" needless to say, i don't go to parties now.

but anyway...

redlady

I have been and they are nothing but meat markets = men trying to dance up to you on the dance floor ( um...hey buddy i know what you are trying to do....don't ) men coming up to you and asking you stupid questions " So yeah, do you like my facial hair" - Long periods in a line waiting to get a drink, music so loud you can't hear or talk. I don't understand the appeal myself - i guess you have to be the outgoing type :roll:

allanboy

My experiences with clubs have been nice. Travelling with family. My mother and sister werent near, so i got myself spinning drunk and just danced, afraid as shit but willing to talk to girls. Cant wait till nex time.

sensitive

I totally agree with thoughtless, those places aren't for us. actually we need somewhere peacful, quiet to have nice time not those meat markets as redlady said (where did you come out with this word :D )

So Cilling_Echo, it's not a good idea unless you want to be at those meat markets :p .

sensitive

I totally agree with thoughtless, those places aren't for us. actually we need somewhere peacful, quiet to have nice time not those meat markets as redlady said (where did you come out with this word :D )

So Cilling_Echo, it's not a good idea unless you want to put yourself for sale at those markets :p .