worries about anything

nandito

I associate OCD with compulsions, I don't have them, or at least they are not the ones that yuo usually see described as a symptom of OCD.

But I do worry about everything.

This worries came from nowhere, they are not present all the time, they usually come when I'm alone and have a lot of time to think.

Some of the "stupid" worries I've experienced the past few months are:

- am I schizophrenic?, I feel like I've met so many new people that some of them may be unreal (which is not the case, everyone is real, but the thought just come)

- do I have a "worrier" personality hidden in myself?, cause anything negative information I got that may apply to myself, later on will show up as a worrier telling me that I may have that condition or disease.

- Since I find out that usually negative thoughts come while I'm with myself, I started to keep myself busy doing new things (like sports, meeting new people, etc), and also, if I'm alone, I go to internet to try to figure out what's wrong with me. Could this be a rare form or compulsion?

- This worries are not affecting my social life that much since, when I'm socializing they don't come, but affects my productivity at work, when sometimes I'm alone.

- My anxiety goes very high for moments during the day, and this happens when worries that I know may be stupid, come. When I'm talking about this issues, or doing something that keep my mind busy and concentrated in other people, or in something fun, I don't get this worries i.e., I'm not anxious.

- I'm actually going to psychotherapy, my therapist says that I'm having a inner personality conflict since I'm forcing myself to do a lot of changes (habits, lifestyle, personality) in a short time. Since I was kind of social phobic, few months ago I decided to change it radically, and I've been meeting new people, doing new stuff that I wouldn't because of worries and laziness. Although I'm not sure, sometimes I really feel paranoid. He says that this is a usual manifestation of my previous "self" trying to come back and take control of my life. But I don't know, this last months I've been really feeling like going crazy.

I actually kind of do the same thing...I notice that whenever I have free time my thoughts/worries run rapidly through my head...but anyway it almost sounds like you might have generalized anxiety disorder (because apparently you seem to worry that much). I actually at first thought I had that because I just am always thinking about random stuff, but my therapist decided thats its ocd instead because I dont really worry a lot, I just think too much (and I also have some ocd compulsions)

lonely12

Hey... I have exactly the same problem as you.. But when you "think" too much, are you thinking about the things that are already in the past? I think wayy too much about the things that happened in the past, rather than the things that are gonna happen in the future.. If I think too much about stuff in the past (eg. I was scared that this classmate of mine MIGHT have done something bad to me), is that OCD?

madfrankie

You hit the nail right on the head.. I am terrified to be alone and idle, because the scariest thoughts pop into my head.. They are so far out there, and have no merit.. Yesterday for example, I was driving to the mall, actually not feeling too bad, then all of a sudden I was afraid to breath.. I became acutely aware of every breath I took, and this brought on a very disturbing , anxiety filled afternoon.. I have been suffering with these symptoms for 12 years now, and sometimes wonder how I have made it..I was diagnosed with Panic Anxiety Disorder, but this goes beyond that.. I believe it to be OCD, and am still struggling with the idea of taking medication.. I am afraid if I dont, I will never have another happy day as long as I live.. While other people look forward to the weekend, I dread it.. I hide this illness very well, but my life is very lonely.. Let me know if you take any medication, and if it helps. Peace be with you..

Incognito

Same here. Every time something good happens to me, I worry it's going to go away. How sick is that?