Wow, there was a cure for HH under our noses all this time

Seismograff

http://groups.msn.com/ExcessiveSwea...essage=20934&LastModified=4675582139958910871
I posted this on another forum. It seems as if diseases that caused night sweats were fairly common back in the late 1800's/early 1900's. So they had these two medicines called Agaric acid and Camphoric acid. They both have no side effects, and their only function was to reduce sweating

Why is that we don't use agaric acid or camphoric acid for people with HH now? Well that's what I'm trying to find out. If you do a google search for both, you will find these old archived logs of how great they were for sweating (the best, most reliable, never any side effects, etc.), but no mordern discussions. I think they were forgotten. You don't find anything about someone saying "You can't use these" OR "You should use these". It's very possible that both the people who were aware of these medicines and people with HH never made the connection So I want to get this to as many people as possible to find out if they are useful or not for hyperhidrosis during the day.

From the thread, if link doesn't work:
I have hyperhidrosis, and I was searching google for something (can't remember what now) and I found two 'acids' that COMPLETELY INHIBIT THE SWEAT GLANDS AND DO NOTHING ELSE. These have been used a long time ago, for the "worst of night sweats"(pthisis) and fever sweats, and they were called some of the 'best antihydrotics' to exist. They served their purpose well.

Agaric acid and Camphoric acid are what I am talking about. If you look them up, their sole purpose and function was inhibiting sweat glands and sweat glands only.

I have a feeling that they have been overlooked because I've found nothing else about them except for the fact that they were legendary antihydrotics. It's quite possible because it's so little of us and this was used back in the day for some disease (name escapes me).

Anyways, I'd LOVE to know why I've never heard of this before and how long it lasts, etc. It completely inhibits the production of sweat in extremely small doses (maybe even smaller and it will only weaken? who knows) Please people, let's discuss this. This would make odaban, ditropan, etc etc look like a freaking joke.

Proof(I am SORRY for double posting):
"According to Hoffmeister (A. E. P. P., 1889, xxv, p. 189), in a moderate dose, agaric acid has no effect upon the system, except to paralyze the nerves of the sweat glands. When given in *very large doses*, it produced primary excitation of the medulla, followed by paralysis, increasing at first the blood pressure and the respiratory rate, which was followed by diminishing activity in both. *****The depressant action shown on the sweat glands was not shared by the other glands of the body.The most important use of agaric is in the treatment of the colliquative sweats of wasting conditions, such as phthisis. Its value in these conditions has been abundantly confirmed by clinical experience. Aside from the solanaceous drugs, it is probably the most reliable remedy that we possess for this purpose. ************
http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/usdisp/agaric.html
I am shaking with joy.

Camphoric acid this time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camphoric_acid
http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/bpc1911/acidum-camp.html
"Camphoric acid has a mild camphor action; it is not very toxic and can be used in very large doses, up to 4 grammes (60 grains), without serious effects; it is supposed to paralyse the nerve-endings in the sweat-glands, and is used in the night-sweats of phthisis. It does not affect other secretions"

Hmmmmm, what does this all mean? Google them if you want and post more.

I KNOW it says for "night sweats", but I really would like to know if I could use this for my god dam day sweats. It said somewhere (looking for it right now) that it was used for the worst of night sweats and it was very helpful.

btw, spam this to the biggest and baddest sweating forums (and drop the links too) so we can all get to the bottom of this as a community. Unless someone can explain why

Recommend Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

ok you have my FULL attention!! :) this could be exactly the thing we've been looking for (assuming it's an oral medication) I've just had a quick look and it would seem that agaricin is a medicine that is based on agaric acid

Under the name of agaricin are marketed preparations containing the active agaric acid, with larger or smaller amount of impurities. The dose of the pure principle is from one-sixth to one-half of a grain (0.01-0.03 Gm.).

So has anyone found anywhere to buy this?I may try to get a hold of my GP and see what he says.
Recommend Delete Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

^sorry about that, made a few mistakes.

OK, can someone please post this to:
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/forum15.html
http://www.esfbchannel.com/forum/index.html

and any other 'sweat forums' word for word? Right now, what I want to know is how effective this is, and WHY it has been overlooked.

I'm really happy (no, REALLY HAPPY) how every single description of these two acids emphasize "WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS". No skin problems from using this, no heart problems, blurry vision, dry mouth...just reduced sweating. Life would be good if we could get to the bottom of this. I don't care if I have to take this every 2 hours a day, there's no side effects! Plus the dosage is so small, so there's plenty to go around! It would be even better if you could adjst the dosage to allow just a little sweat in the hotter months to prevent any heat related injurites. If that was possible, I'd be happy for the rest of my life. Complete control.

Please get these two acids as much publicity as possible, there's hardly any discussion of them on the net, it's likely that the people who've documented them online were completely unaware of hyperhidrosis and that no one from our side has ever stumbled across them (even on google).

BUT- I don't want to get my hopes up too early, so I want to hear some professional opinions on this.

Seismograff

Hi pinker, I am posting this here in an attempt to create discussion about it and understand more about these medicines. Technically, if they were available and safe to consume, they would then be the cure.

People, I'd appreciate it if you would all discuss this. Talk to your doctors/dermatologists about it, ask somebody who might know or do some more in-depth research.

Also, can somebody sticky this? Finding out of if these work or not could be the biggest thing to ever happen for hyperhidrosis right now, they seem so much more effective than anything that's on the market.

Seismograff

I guess no one on this forum actually has hyperhidrosis? This is something that I think is extremely important for anyone who has ever suffered from excessive sweating, yet nobody even cares?

This has been well received at other forums, but no one on this forum cares. Why is that? Is there something wrong with this? Could you all at least post what you think of it?

If you already know about this, at least tell me instead of just looking and ignoring the post. I'm dying to know if this is 'it'.

Thank you.

Romax

I've never heard of it but I'm sure as hell going to look into it. Thanks for the info!

Romax

RE: CAMPHORIC ACID

This acid has a mild camphor action; it is not very toxic and can be used in very large doses, up to 4 grammes (60 grains), without serious effects; it is supposed to paralyse the nerve-endings in the sweat glands, and is used in the night-sweats of phthisis. It does not affect other secretions as does atropine, nor irritate the stomach like agaric acid.

I found this info on some medical website. I'm excited. Now if it only came in a pill or wipe. I'm still looking.

Chris

Seismograff

Meh, I asked my local pharmacy about this stuff and they said they didn't have it. Looks like I'm gonna have to do some hardcore searching for these materials. I'm starting to believe that maybe they stopped making them because there wasn't much of a demand after some time. Well now there is! I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

new_sweater

Just to update this thread, someone on the ESFB forum said that agaric and camphoric acid were banned in the U.S. (as medicines I assume), because no clinical trials had been done. It's hard to evaluate claims from 100 years ago, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about this stuff working. I was very excited just a week ago when I found out about ETS. One website even showed a blurb from a local news program on the procedure. I was sure I was going to try out the procedure, but then I did some more looking around and found out it hasn't worked so well for everyone (and the idea of having my lung collapsed is not so pleasant anyway).

Just remember that everyone is out trying to make money, and some people do it less honestly than others.

BiGz

Well I'm going to try find a way to get my hands on either one of these 2 "acids" and give it a go. If anyone can continue to update this thread with any discoveries of people who have already tryed that would be great.

Hyper-Hydro

This is NOT a cure

I have to say again, that I am disgusted with the title of this thread, because at best these drugs would be just another symptom treatment for HH. Not a cure. If it works, it works indiscriminately on any sweat gland beyond your control, which means these acids are clearly dangerous to eat. Seismograff is pissing me off by announcing these drugs as a "cure" while no doctors willingly are prescribing them. I said this in another forum, and I will repeat it again. Please change the title of this thread, because these drug are no cure for HH.

roam

I imagine camphoric acid would be an effective treatment, remember that sage/sage tea is often cited as a potential treatment, and sage does have camphor in it (from my brief googling).

Hyper-Hydro

Roam, besides from googling, do you have any personal experience with any sort of treatment for any type of HH?