I wanted to point out that a few of you mention your talent at writing, art, philosophy, cooking, music, academics ....these are all the finer things in life. And so far, people seem to have strong creative abilities. Anxiety runs in my family and the side of my family that had it were all also talented at art, and one was an exceptionally good dentist, with a great eye for detail and fine work.
They say that adults with anxiety issues were children with great imaginations.
I am talented at painting and drawing, and I've decided to go with this; since I feel like it is what I am best at (and because of SA, it is probably my best chance of making a career -funnily enough!!!!! )
The other things I like or love about my self are:
1. my independence of mind and the fact that I like to think and ponder things on my own;
2. I find a real enjoyment and appreciation in nature, food, beautiful things and (when I'm in my element) I like thinking about people;
3. I'm generally creative, being good at decorating a room, inventing ideas, stories;
4. I also have an appreciation of my own individual style of look;
5. and I'm fairly straight forward and honest with people.
Translation of above.....
1. I'm a stubborn cow who thinks way too much (especially about herself) and needs to learn how to not examine everything and just take things as they are
2. I'm a lazy bum who doesn't like working and would much rather day dream away
3. I'm arty farty and was a majorly gay man in a past life
4. I'm quite vain, consider my self a sex-pot femme fatale ...the kind of girl that loudly serenades herself with Bon Jovi's "Always" (you know, the bit where he yells: "I really love you ....and I'll be there -forever and a day!! ...always!" ...like I did the other day when I was in my car)
5. I come across as innocent and naive, and often use this image to my advantage