SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Social Anxiety Disorder Forums > Social Anxiety Forum
 
Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2010
Eam
Eam's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

I've been told more than once in my past that I looked upset when it was really just my relaxed face - maybe I was upset with anxiety and nerves, actually. Once a teacher just flat out asked: "*Eam*, have I done something to upset you?", when I was just concentrating on the lesson being taught.

It left me feeling self conscious that people are noticing it during conversation ever since. I do my best now to hold a smile, but I still feel like people are noticing it, or they're noticing me forcing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a misery guts! Whenever I'm happy I show it, same goes for laughter. I love to laugh and smile actually - it also stops me feeling self conscious about my relaxed face!

Anyways, what's your relaxed face like? Happy, sad, serious, emotionless, upset, angry, Cheshire-Cat-like?
Eam is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
lyricalliaisons's Avatar
Elite User
 

Mine looks either sad or mean. That's how people always see me, even if I'm not feeling either way. Even when I'm in a good mood, people see me as depressed or mad/mean.
lyricalliaisons is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
Luke1993's Avatar
Elite User
 

Like this:



lol I don't know really what my face looks like when I'm relaxed. Probably just neutral, but deep in thought
Luke1993 is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 

I have had people assume that i am upset when i am relaxed too. I was once sitting on a bench in a shopping mall when i was 17, feeling relaxed and eating my sandwich on my lunch break, and a complete stranger walked pass me and said "cheer up, its not the end of the world"......So i guess my relaxed face must look sad.
BlueDays is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
AimeeSP's Avatar
Elite User
 

Heres the closest i've got of my 'relaxed face' i look so ... evil.

AimeeSP is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
Hellhound's Avatar
Super Moderator
Elite User
 

Probably neutral or too serious. But I've been told before that i look upset, I've been asked if i'm angry too. Seems that I fail at masking my mood :c
Hellhound is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
Eam
Eam's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

You don't look evil Aimee, friendly or calm I would say.
Eam is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
AimeeSP's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eam View Post
You don't look evil Aimee, friendly or calm I would say.
**** you're joking right?
AimeeSP is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
Eam
Eam's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMouse View Post
I have had people assume that i am upset when i am relaxed too. I was once sitting on a bench in a shopping mall when i was 17, feeling relaxed and eating my sandwich on my lunch break, and a complete stranger walked pass me and said "cheer up, its not the end of the world"......So i guess my relaxed face must look sad.
I know exactly what you mean. I was once walking down a corridor and a girl said 'Cheer up' or 'Smile', so I awkwardly tried to force a smile, to which she replied something along the lines of: 'A smile, not a smirk', and walked off.

If only I were Totoro.

Eam is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
Eam
Eam's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeSP View Post
**** you're joking right?
Nope. I stand by my friendly or calm comment.
Eam is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
DarkSeeker's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

Like this

DarkSeeker is offline  
Old 04-02-2010
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eam View Post
I've been told more than once in my past that I looked upset when it was really just my relaxed face - maybe I was upset with anxiety and nerves, actually. Once a teacher just flat out asked: "*Eam*, have I done something to upset you?", when I was just concentrating on the lesson being taught.

It left me feeling self conscious that people are noticing it during conversation ever since. I do my best now to hold a smile, but I still feel like people are noticing it, or they're noticing me forcing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a misery guts! Whenever I'm happy I show it, same goes for laughter. I love to laugh and smile actually - it also stops me feeling self conscious about my relaxed face!

Anyways, what's your relaxed face like? Happy, sad, serious, emotionless, upset, angry, Cheshire-Cat-like?
I know what you're talking about. I think it's a side-effect of SP. Once when I had just come in to work someone turned to me and matter-of-factly stated that I looked like a zombie (I can assure you it was my dead facial expression and not my facial features lol).

It's probably hard to appear at ease or pleasant when you are paralyzed by fear.
Liberty is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
Kanye West's Avatar
Newbie User
 

. .
__

Something like that. When I'm in public I get the nervous smile so its more like

. .
\_
Kanye West is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
anomicdeer's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1993 View Post
Like this:



lol I don't know really what my face looks like when I'm relaxed. Probably just neutral, but deep in thought

People always think I'm mad or sad...
anomicdeer is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
hippiechild's Avatar
Expert User
 

That was an excellent picture, Aimee
hippiechild is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
Lea
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechild View Post
That was an excellent picture, Aimee
Yep, I agree, you look like a doll .
Lea is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
anomicdeer's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea View Post
Yep, I agree, you look like a doll .
I agree with them
anomicdeer is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
Pookah's Avatar
Elite User
 

Zombieface.
Pookah is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
dooby-duck's Avatar
Advanced User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMouse View Post
I have had people assume that i am upset when i am relaxed too. I was once sitting on a bench in a shopping mall when i was 17, feeling relaxed and eating my sandwich on my lunch break, and a complete stranger walked pass me and said "cheer up, its not the end of the world"......So i guess my relaxed face must look sad.
I've had that before as well. I was sat on a bench in a park waiting to go to a uni lecture and some guy walking past said "cheer up it might not happen" or something. Strange thing was I was pretty happy that day.

I always look nervous or in shock on photographs even when I'm smiling.
dooby-duck is offline  
Old 04-03-2010
recluse's Avatar
Elite User
 

I would say emotionless when i am calm, but with anxiety i can look really serious o'r angry, o'r i can look like i'm about to cry.

I'm always so paranoid about how my facial expression looks.
recluse is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to What's your relaxed face like?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love Letter or face to face? A question for the ladies Chechirom Adults Only 16 12-30-2005 02:02 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51 AM.