100 Press Up Challenge

BlackKids

Think ya man enough to be able to do 100 consecutive Press ups?
I'm following a 6 week program that, yes you guess it, involves lots and lots of press ups.
I'm doing it for bragging rights, get my arms/chest ripped plus you burn a good few calories off (17000+)
The program just asked that you work out 3 times a week. 5 sets with 45 seconds between. Working your arms to fatigue.

I'll post the details if anyone is interested. Started my program tonight so get a move on if you are so we can finish the same time.

mrb

err not bragging but i can do that anyways lol , but i do weight train so in comparison press up are easy for me ..... iv spent most of my life weight training **** knows why :confused: just habbit now i soppose , but i must admit after a good work out i do feel quite at ease with myself and the world ;)

BlackKids

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm can you now? :p
I'm talking about 100 press ups with the proper form. Back in the correct position (plank) and then bend arms 90degrees. I see people doing 40 1/4 push ups. I get more burn doing one in the correct form.
If you can do it, then awesome Man. On paper it sounds pretty easy but Its pretty epic.

BlackKids

very cool thread- im interested in how you get along. you'll do great blackkids!! :)

Its in men's health magazine and after they want you to post a video in random places.
I'm thinking of doing it in the beautiful Irish countryside :)

I remember once when I was 14 I lost an arm-wrestling match to someone in school. It got to me so much that I started doing press ups everyday until I was able to do over 100 regularly everyday.

I'm not sure whether I can do it now, though. I haven't done any press ups for ages.

mrb

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm can you now? :p
I'm talking about 100 press ups with the proper form. Back in the correct position (plank) and then bend arms 90degrees. I see people doing 40 1/4 push ups. I get more burn doing one in the correct form.
If you can do it, then awesome Man. On paper it sounds pretty easy but Its pretty epic.

ok after reading that my back isnt in a plank position and my arms dont bend 90 degrees , guess im cheating mate .......

Nack

Banned
You just keep adding one to each day, that's how I do it. I'm at 25 Push up, I don't know what press up are though.

Luke1993

Yes they are the same thing. Press up is the original name for it and still used by us. I think it sounds better, but of course I am biased.

lunarla

Push ups killlllllllllllll me, but I've gotten pretty good at sit ups. Maybe I'll try though! I'd be thrilled if I could even do 20 to be honest. I'ma weakling!

I remember once when I was 14 I lost an arm-wrestling match to someone in school. It got to me so much that I started doing press ups everyday until I was able to do over 100 regularly everyday.

I'm not sure whether I can do it now, though. I haven't done any press ups for ages.

I actually wonder about this... Let's say that a guy can do a marathon and over 100 bench press... but he stops exercising for five years and lead a sedentary lifestyle...

Will he really lose all or almost everything he worked for?

M1tCh

Banned
Cool thread is cool.

Post details please, OP.

I managed to do 35 push-ups consecutively. Guess i have a ways to go, but i'll take on the challenge.

AGR

I will pass that,I am not really into high rep bodywork,I doubt I could do more than 25,but it would be fun seeing videos of this challenge,also we could assure no one cheated ;).

Tiercel

I just barely managed to hit number 25 with my elbows close to my body. So count me in.

For those who are interested, a quick search turned up hundredpushups.com, which also has programs for sit ups (crunches) and squats. So I guess I'll just follow the routine outlined there. And I'll wait until Monday to start, so I can get that whole M/W/F routine going.

I actually wonder about this... Let's say that a guy can do a marathon and over 100 bench press... but he stops exercising for five years and lead a sedentary lifestyle...

Will he really lose all or almost everything he worked for?

I just tried it now and I managed to do 70 (proper ones!). I'm very surprised to be honest. I haven't done any press ups in 3.5 years.

But I don't know...it could be because my body has matured more since then. or because I'm slim (160 lbs and 6'2").

Last edited:

BlackKids

The program is based (or maybe even the same one from hundredpushups.com). For anyone who can't be bothered going there to check it out heres the simple version.

Week 1: 11,12,9,9,13 reps

Week 2: 16,17,14,14,20 reps

Week 3: 22,30,20,20,28 reps

Week 4: 29,33,29,29,40 reps

Week 5: 20,20,24,24,20,20,22,50 (should be seeing gains in chest and triceps now)

Week 6: 26,26,33,33,26,26,22,22,60

Week 7 : Few days rest. 100+reps

Total of atleast 2,676 press up. Total calorie Burn 17,073. (just short of 5lbs. Not sure how much muscle you will gain though)

Heres a video of the correct form YouTube - How to Do a Push Up Correctly

Warning: If you want to avoid the Gorilla look then you need to do other toning exercises :).

Nack

Banned
The program is based (or maybe even the same one from hundredpushups.com). For anyone who can't be bothered going there to check it out heres the simple version.

Week 1: 11,12,9,9,13 reps

Week 2: 16,17,14,14,20 reps

Week 3: 22,30,20,20,28 reps

Week 4: 29,33,29,29,40 reps

Week 5: 20,20,24,24,20,20,22,50 (should be seeing gains in chest and triceps now)

Week 6: 26,26,33,33,26,26,22,22,60

Week 7 : Few days rest. 100+reps

Total of atleast 2,676 press up. Total calorie Burn 17,073. (just short of 5lbs. Not sure how much muscle you will gain though)

Heres a video of the correct form YouTube - How to Do a Push Up Correctly

Warning: If you want to avoid the Gorilla look then you need to do other toning exercises :).

Geez, the numbers of press up looked all planned out and sh*t. I think for me i'll just stick to the adding 1 to each day, it seems to work better and It doesn't involve a lot of remembering of numbers. Plus, I lack the food to be burning so much calories... meh

BlackKids

I'm sure that will work just fine mate but I wanna follow the plan so I go from doing 60 to 100. I know the end result is the same but idk feels more of a challenge to me. Am I making any sense?