1st Day on Avert - thoughts and reactions

cubfan4real

I recently made my 1st post on these forums and introduced myself; long story short, a 38 year old sufferer of heavy cranial/facial HH and armpit sweat to boot.

I had 2 clients at work that I had to present to today. I took 2 - 1 mg. capsules this morning on an empty stomach to see if it would help for my 10:00 am presentation. Within 15 minutes I noticed my mouth was dry and although my skin was warm as usual, there were no beads of sweat. I was encouraged!

The presentation started fine but I think I was overly focused on whether I would sweat - which I almost ALWAYS do when presenting to clients. Needless to say, I did start sweating a bit around my hairline on my forehead and in my hair around the back of my head. I simply wiped it away when I could... You know the drill.

A tad discouraged, I took 1 more 1 mg. capsule an hour before I had to be with the next group. A group of us had lunch and then I sat through a partner's presentation before preceding to mine. NO SWEAT! None whatsoever on my face, head, or under my arms. I definitely felt like I was on some sort of medication and my mouth was indeed dry; but nothing that was intolerable.

I'm an avid weightlifter and typically pour buckets at the gym. I hit the gym after work and didn't start sweating until the very end of my workout. To me this was acceptable, as I'm a puddle after 5 minutes of lifting.

I'm holding on to hope that this might be my answer. I have a few questions however:

1. I bought the trial size. Should I take it every day to see the effects over time, or use it "as necessary?"

2. Does your body get accustomed to the sensation you feel when on this medication? I felt a bit tingly and slightly hyperactive... Odd?

3. How and when will I know what dosage will work best for me? It's curious that I sweated a bit after 2 mg, but then was dry after taking another 1 mg 3 1/2 hours later.

Sorry for the novel. 8)

Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions!

hyp-hi

Hey cubfan, glad to hear you had some success with the Avert. I think its normal that you started to sweat for the presentation, probably because you were thinking about it too much. Looks like the extra 1 mg is what you needed.

For your questions, HH is very individualized, so I recommend trying different amounts at different times to see what works best. It will take a couple weeks to figure it out. Then I recommend taking it on an as needed basis, basically just to keep the costs down, so you don't have to buy them as often. You ordered from Canada right? If you have health insurance and you get a prescription, you will be able to get it for a lot cheaper than ordering from Canada.

As for getting used to it, I think this is true. When I 1st started, I was getting a sore throat and dry eyes, but now those side effects seem to be gone. But also I don't take that much. For me 2mg in the morning works great for the whole work day. I might start sweating in the evening, but I'm home so I don't care as much.