A girl in the uni.

Daniel089

I posted a thread yesterday, that tells my social life, that I don't have friends, never really had, nor girlfriend.
Today, approx. 30 min ago I felt there is no hope for me anymore. I saw a girl in the uni who just started uni this year, so she is like 5 semesters behind me, and by the look shes more quiet girl than the others there (I go to a technical university where there are barely any girls). And I saw her talking to a guy I know a bit. Then I go home take the subway, take the bus, then when I want to sit down the only free seat is near the same girl I saw in the uni. I was surprised, I so badly wanted to start a conversation because I had a reason to do that. But I didn't, and since she got off from the bus, I am suffering inside, I wish the whole world and everything else is pointless for me now, because I didn't live with the opportunity. I can't control my mind, I would give everything to talk to girls, it's more important for me now in my mind than money or wealth or hobbies or anyhing.
I was just afraid that I make bad impression on her when I suddenly speak to her near me in the bus, I guess I was just shy and she would have been interested in talking to me... I know there is always a next time but I think for sure for the first time in my life that I am somewhat depressed...

Last edited:

market.garden

I know there is always a next time

Remember that! Don't over think it or dwell on it. Now the next time you find yourself in a position to talk to her, you'll know you won't want to miss the opportunity second time around. Try not to build it up into some huge thing, otherwise you might end up getting even more shy or reluctant to talk to her the next time you see her :)

mindflux

You`ll get other chances, besides you can`t be sure whether you like her or not if you don`t talk to her. Don`t imagine that she is the perfect girl for you just because she doesn`t talk much.

Daniel089

You`ll get other chances, besides you can`t be sure whether you like her or not if you don`t talk to her. Don`t imagine that she is the perfect girl for you just because she doesn`t talk much.

It's not that I want to "hunt" her down at all. It was just an opportunity to talk to A girl and I didn't do anything... If only I could get over it, but I can't my mind keeps torturing me. I didn't become lonelier but I actually feel a lot lonelier than yesterday because of this...

Srijita52

It's not that I want to "hunt" her down at all. It was just an opportunity to talk to A girl and I didn't do anything... If only I could get over it, but I can't my mind keeps torturing me. I didn't become lonelier but I actually feel a lot lonelier than yesterday because of this...
You're being too hard on yourself. Its not like this was the only chance. There'll be more. I understand your frustration but you can't change it now. What you can do though is focus on the future.

Newtype

Try to erase all expectations from your mind. Don't think that you'll get something from her. The fact that she goes to your uni and seems to take the same road as you is a good enough excuse to go talk to her with the intention of getting to know her. The first time is always the hardest, so just ask simple questions, school-related stuff. Subsequent conversations with that person are so easy after that.

Daniel089

You're being too hard on yourself. Its not like this was the only chance. There'll be more. I understand your frustration but you can't change it now. What you can do though is focus on the future.

For an average person, my life is simply boring. It is why I can't stay interesting to another person (mostly girls) during a conversation. Not that I don't have hobbies, I just don't go among people for relaxation at all. I relax on my own, home. I should get experiences, but for this I must overcome my all my fear, and don't stop even if I'm feeling lost.

Srijita52

For an average person, my life is simply boring. It is why I can't stay interesting to another person (mostly girls) during a conversation. Not that I don't have hobbies, I just don't go among people for relaxation at all. I relax on my own, home. I should get experiences, but for this I must overcome my all my fear, and don't stop even if I'm feeling lost.
I can relate. Relaxing at home isn't bad, if you want to get more experience though definitely work on that. But overcoming all of your fears takes a little time, so don't be discouraged if things don't go well at times. You said you do have hobbies, maybe you can bring them up while having a conversation.

Daniel089

Try to erase all expectations from your mind. Don't think that you'll get something from her. The fact that she goes to your uni and seems to take the same road as you is a good enough excuse to go talk to her with the intention of getting to know her. The first time is always the hardest, so just ask simple questions, school-related stuff. Subsequent conversations with that person are so easy after that.

That's the problem, if only I could erase my expectations, and all of the stress, I can't get over it... I just woke up, and after what happened yesterday I dreamed about random people from my school in some sort of "social" meeting, and guys were like only talking to girls, and I was sitting near them being absolutely silent and invisible. My problems now take part in my dreams as well...

THeCARS1979

I posted a thread yesterday, that tells my social life, that I don't have friends, never really had, nor girlfriend.
Today, approx. 30 min ago I felt there is no hope for me anymore. I saw a girl in the uni who just started uni this year, so she is like 5 semesters behind me, and by the look shes more quiet girl than the others there (I go to a technical university where there are barely any girls). And I saw her talking to a guy I know a bit. Then I go home take the subway, take the bus, then when I want to sit down the only free seat is near the same girl I saw in the uni. I was surprised, I so badly wanted to start a conversation because I had a reason to do that. But I didn't, and since she got off from the bus, I am suffering inside, I wish the whole world and everything else is pointless for me now, because I didn't live with the opportunity. I can't control my mind, I would give everything to talk to girls, it's more important for me now in my mind than money or wealth or hobbies or anyhing.
I was just afraid that I make bad impression on her when I suddenly speak to her near me in the bus, I guess I was just shy and she would have been interested in talking to me... I know there is always a next time but I think for sure for the first time in my life that I am somewhat depressed...

Keep trying there will be another chance to talk to her again.

Conspiracy

Bump into her. Initiate an event in which you get to talk to her, and it seems perfectly natural to her. e.g get invited to the same party