a loss for words....

thatdude

it seems like whenever i talk to people i cant think of what to say, its damn annoying and its like my mind just goes blank....

does anyone else have this problem?

Remus

Staff member
Thats me on messenger at the moment, cant think of anything to say that wont sound boring so I just stare at it not having the courage to say hello to anyone :(

FruitLooPs

Remus said:
Thats me on messenger at the moment, cant think of anything to say that wont sound boring so I just stare at it not having the courage to say hello to anyone :(

Yeah its mood related for sure, some days I cant think of a thing to say or chat about. Other times I manage to talk on msn for hours about any old thing.

Just take advantage of the times when you have something to say or are in a mood where you can get into a conversation, I think when down i just dont feel like making the effort of conversing with anyone about trivial things. :?

Horatio

part of it for me is because my life is so boring... eg: I spend all weekend in bed... what the fuck am I supposed to talk about at work when everyone else is talking about where they went with their partner or the party they went to.
Am I supposed to patiently wait my turn in the coffee room and then announce to my colleauges that I spent my weekend in bed crying cause Im a loser?

LilMissTragic

I have the opposite problem, I talk way too much, i just go on and on about any old crap to the point where people look at me as though i'm the biggest weirdo going then they try to avoid me. I think I actually scare people. I go on about facts no one needs or wants to know. Then my mouth goes into hyper drive and I talk so fast no one can understand me anyways. Think I'll start carrying a ball gag round with me.

And Horatio, your not a loser, your socialphobic and thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Travis88

The begining of my conversation is Hi and the end is also Hi if i can even get to saying Hi. I go blank too :cry: . Hyper, hmm last time that happened was like 10 years ago(im 16).

maggie

happens to me all the time. Small talk is very hard for me. Sometimes I can't even answer simple question; It's like the words get choked up in my chest or something, I don't know. :x frustrates me on a daily basis.