a spiritual question...

Are you spiritual?

• Yes, I belong to a specific religion (ex. christian, muslim, wiccan, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but no specific religion (happy in my own spiritual world)

• Yes, no specific religion (looking, but nothing out there speaks to me)

• Maybe a little, but don't really think about it

• Agnostic

• Not spiritual at all

• Atheist (I mean as a deliberate, political statement)

• Total voters

Ayla

Hey, just out of curiousity...

how many of you out there are religious? spiritual? not at all? maybe a bit?

also, if you are or aren't, does it have any relation to how you see your SA, or how you deal with your SA?

Ayla

personally, i think that having a sense of spirituality or religion makes you feel like your not alone, even if you are.....

Chilling__Echo

i believe in god, lately i've been angry (the past year or so) with him, for the first time in my life. i grew up in the same church from the time i was born till i was 16. i left and have been out of the church for 4 years now.

it helps me with my SA and depression most of the time because it gives me hope and reason for things happening, but i really need to get things sorted out between me and god...

Horatio

was a christian for most my life but got sick of how people at church treated me and wished to no longer be part of their self mastubatory egotistical superficial mindgames

after being told I was possessed by the spirit of Hades I had enough of it all and left and have never looked back

I still consider myself a spiritual person but have no firm beliefs at the moment. Sometimes I believe there must be a God but other times I start to believe in re-encarnation, so I guess you could say Im open to all possibilities, would love to find out the truth but am sick to death of the gobbledygook offalcake I was spoonfed for so long

young

yetisbabe said:
I am very spiritual and do believe in God. Trouble is...I don't have the dedication to worship him as he should be worshipped.

It doesn't help me with my SA. I think I feel so much guilt that I can't be a good person...that I distance myself from it all. And then...I don't feel that I can pray for help...so I have to rely on myself.

Very confusing I know..but thats the way it is for me. :D

how do you know that that isn't Gods plan for you? To give you your own inner strength. Without relying on himself for too much.

I'm born catholic. But stopped going to mass or praying until recently. But i follow my own path. To fully understand spirituality.

Ayla

I find it sad that "spirituality" seems to cause many people so much pain.

I wasn't raised religious. Or, maybe I should say that I was raised scientific. I ended up somewhere in the middle, though. But I always see spirituality in a positive light - something that comforts me, not something that makes me feel guilty. I guess that's how it is when we are only accountable to ourselves in this reguard, and not everyone is born into a tradition that affords them this freedom.

To me, to be spiritual means that you matter. You matter to God, or the universe, etc. You are significant - you aren't just another statistic; and that is comforting. It also means that there is more to life, and death, than what we can see with the naked eye. For example, we know, scientificaaly, that nothing really dies. Energy is simply redistributed - that's almost proof of life after death or reincarnation or however you want to look a it.

Anyone out there have a positive relationship with spirituality???

allanboy

Born and raised catholic. Became almost muslim in the way. Now being agnostic.
Just me, god and everything else is somewhat comforting. Going to church, praying in set times and the rest everybody here do is just bullshit, loss of time.