aaaa

Fredscars

i know my problem.
self hatred and complete and utter hatred and suspicion of others. people hurt you because it makes them feel good. they pretend to be your mates and then turn on you because it gives them a good laugh. nobody does anything for free. its all for themselves and usually to hurt you for a laugh.

once i sort that problem out, im fine :lol:

GettingThere

Re: For me and you the cause not the problem

MRnomates said:
Ok to solve a problem you 1st have to figure out what is causing the problem

So sp is the PROBLEM what is CAUSING the PROBLEM i need and you need to know. So we know the problem but what is the cause?

For me i don't know the cause yet but what i do know its in my mind.

SP is a phobia and phobias are generally related to bad experiences. If someone nearly drowns as a child they may develop a fear of water. Not everyone who nearly drowns will, only some with a predisposition to do so. Same thing applies to SP only a rather more complex set of circumstances apply to the development of it.

Factors such as the roles that our parents played during our growth, the genetic factor, our treatment from our peers, etc, etc. Its a complex animal.

Michelob512

Mrnomates- you seem to be open to a lot of things, and I think the following book would be of great interest to you: Games for Mastering Fear by L. Michael Hall. You can order it from amazon or www.neurosemantics.com (which is the author's site). But from what I know of you (i guess u have PTSD?) the best thing for u is that technique I already wrote about.

Chilling__Echo

i don't think it necessarily may have a cause. i see it as a chemical imbalance, like every other emotion in our brains and it's irrational. the fact that it's irrational to me means that it doesn't need a cause. maybe it's triggered or supported by experiences, but not fundamentally.

Michelob512

Chilling__Echo said:
i don't think it necessarily may have a cause. i see it as a chemical imbalance, like every other emotion in our brains and it's irrational. the fact that it's irrational to me means that it doesn't need a cause. maybe it's triggered or supported by experiences, but not fundamentally.

This is inconcievable to me. Do you really think that you were born with a fear of social situations? Do you think people are born with phobias and dysfunctional beliefs? The only accepted natural fears that someone is born with are the fears of loud noises and heights.

The fact that it's irrational means only this: on a higher level of consciousness, you understand that you fear something that isn't a threat to your survival, but on a lower level (call it subconscious if you like) you don't understand that.