Advice Please

Joel

Ive been suffering from Hyperhidrosis for some time now but in the last six months it has worsened. I have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and subsequently now take Thyroxine to treat this. I have had numerous blood tests to check that my thyroid levels are correct (which they are) as I was worried that I was taking too much Thyroxine causing me to have an overactive thyroid which I know can cause the sweating.

The sweating is generalised, really bad facial sweating and pretty much the whole of my body. I don’t think its anxiety related as it can occur when im just doing a bit of gardening or work around the house. I’ve been to see my GP who prescribed me Beta Blockers which did absolutely nothing apart from make me feel incredibly tired.
I’ve cut out caffeine and tried special deodorants but this has had no affect.

Im trying to learn more about the condition and various treatments and just wanted some advice from anyone who could help.

Thanks in advance

Joel

margiehope

I also am low thyroid, and have been on Thyroxine for--well, a long time. Doesn't seem related to my sweating, though, which is mostly cranio-faciall

I've had good luck with glycopyrrolate (brand names robinul, Avert). You might want to check the many threads here on different experiences with this and other meds.

Good luck!

bigchris

Hey Joel, welcome to the forum.

As margiehope suggested, I would recommend gylcopyrrolate, I also recommend pharmacy.ca - Canada's internet pharmacy to buy from as many people on this forum will agree with me. Start taking this, if your symptoms still arn't satisfactory try the secure wipes to wipe on your head, in combination with taking the gylcopyrrolate tablets should really help.

Good luck and keep us updated.

cm123

I believe your sweating is caused by your Thyroid. Talk to you doctor about it, try lower doses. Also, there are alternative ways to have your thyroid checked, ask the doctor to check the levels another way.