Afraid to open a new thread !!

ikbenrifi

well, the title says it all,
it's been a while that i come to SPW but couldn't open a new thread except that i did now :)

Actually i've been participating in here about less than a year ago, but i found that my SA is getting worse. i didn't really have friends in here maybe because of i'm not initiative enough :confused:, so i stopped visiting the website.

Now that my SA hasn't improved in anyway, i feel i need to comeback to the forums maybe to make new friends and talk about social anxeity..
I don't know what else to say, i think that's it for now, i'll be back with new thread soon.

Srijita52

Hey, welcome back. Sorry to know your SA hasn't improved. Hope we can help you here even a little. Feel free to talk to me or anyone here if you want. Looking forward to read more threads from you :)

davidburke

hey welcome back! i know exactly what you mean i feel so intimated to start a thread i'm constantly starting one and not posting. about making friends on here i think the best way to start off is reply to peoples threads if you can help and i find it is very much appreciated. you will gradually gets friends on here they really are a great bunch:D but like anything else it takes time . hope that helps :)

Last edited:

ikbenrifi

Hey, welcome back. Sorry to know your SA hasn't improved. Hope we can help you here even a little. Feel free to talk to me or anyone here if you want. Looking forward to read more threads from you :)

Comments like yours always helps :)

thank you so much for being open to me

ikbenrifi

hey welcome back! i know exactly what you mean i feel so intimated to start a thread i'm constantly starting one and not posting. about making friends on here i think the best way to start off is reply to peoples threads if you can help and i find it is very much appreciated. you will gradually gets friends on here they really are a great bunch:D but like anything else it takes time . hope that helps :)

I will definitely reply to others thread even if i'm so hesitant doing so:confused:

thanks for your reply ;)

ikbenrifi

Hello there Rifi! I notice your username is Dutch, are you from the Netherlands/Belgium?

hello

No i'm not neither from Netherlands or Belgium, just a dutch lover :)
i love the way Dutch sounds .
by the way, my name is not Rifi, maybe that's what's my username reflects, Rifi means simply the region i came from which is '' Rif '' northerm Morocco :)
what about you? are you from the Netherlands ?

sullyS25

I have a similar fear. I have posted some threads on here though...I am almost discouraged to post though maybe not afraid. Maybe both.

My experience has been that when I post something where I am venting and talking about my issues at the moment, I don't get many responses, if any. When I post a question asking what others are doing or what is going on with them, there are more responses....this makes sense to me but it discourages me from posting when I am really having issues and makes me wonder why my previous posts got no responses. Usually I assume that it is something inherently wrong with me or the way I wrote things that causes it.

I have also noticed that I have started to feel like I do when I am with a huge group of people in real life. I can easily point out the "cliques", who is popular and who is not....I have noticed that when certain people post, they seem to get more responses. I don't know if this makes sense but my mind has found a way to convince itself that I am separate from people that suffer from the same things I do...I even convince myself that people do not respond to things I write because they think I come across as Holier-than-thou or they didn't like something I wrote earlier so they have a resentment against me.

ikbenrifi

I have a similar fear. I have posted some threads on here though...I am almost discouraged to post though maybe not afraid. Maybe both.

My experience has been that when I post something where I am venting and talking about my issues at the moment, I don't get many responses, if any. When I post a question asking what others are doing or what is going on with them, there are more responses....this makes sense to me but it discourages me from posting when I am really having issues and makes me wonder why my previous posts got no responses. Usually I assume that it is something wrong with me or the way I wrote things that causes it.

I have also noticed that I have started to feel like I do when I am with a huge group of people in real life. I can easily point out the "cliques", who is popular and who is not....I have noticed that when certain people post, they seem to get more responses. I don't know if this makes sense but my mind has found a way to convince itself that I am separate from people that suffer from the same things I do...I even convince myself that people do not respond to things I write because they think I come across as Holier-than-thou or they didn't like something I wrote earlier so they have a resentment against me.

You have just expressed the way i feel; i tend to think that something is inherently wrong with me too, sometimes i check other threads and count how much Views/comments ratio they got to compare it to mine.
i believe this is just irrational, and it's due to the my low self-esteem.

anyway, thank you for your reply :)

sullyS25

It is irrational and I know this as well but sometimes I convince myself it is not and I am an outsider......And anytime, thank you for posting the thread.

KiaKaha

Banned

My experience has been that when I post something where I am venting and talking about my issues at the moment, I don't get many responses, if any. When I post a question asking what others are doing or what is going on with them, there are more responses....this makes sense to me but it discourages me from posting when I am really having issues and makes me wonder why my previous posts got no responses. Usually I assume that it is something inherently wrong with me or the way I wrote things that causes it.

I dont mean to quote your whole post but you pretty much summed up a lot of how I feel as well. I couldnt have said it anywhere near as articulate as you have. I kind of wish I had got here first :D

sullyS25

I dont mean to quote your whole post but you pretty much summed up a lot of how I feel as well. I couldnt have said it anywhere near as articulate as you have. I kind of wish I had got here first :D

Well it is good to hear I don't feel alone in this...maybe i am not so different from everyone else on here... no matter how much i try and convince myself that I am....haha