Agoraphobia/social anxiety/panic

scientific

Hi Im Paul im 23 years old and new to this forum just thought Id explain a bit about My situation etc.Last year I became very depressed and anxious around June of 2011,I went on citalopram 20mg and by around September/October I felt much better I was seeing My friends again and back in work etc the regular things....

Anyway since the end of My this year it has crept back up on Me.It started happening when i felt panicky on the way into work on the bus,even behind the till where I work at.... then walking home,pretty much everywhere to be honest... Also depression too,my mood quite low,lack of motivation etc.So i called in sick to work for like 2 weeks and realised I had to tell My boss as I couldnt keep making excuses up as to why I was not going in.... She understood and said it was fine.That was back in June roughly the end of june.I am since then on ilness benefit due to so many paid prsi contributions etc.

Back to now and my current situation.... I have not felt any better at all,the citalopram has clearly stopped working for Me as i feel as anxious/panicky and depressed as last year perhaps even worse a bit.... Slowly over the recent weeks I have cancelled meeting friends etc,when i have been out I get extremely hot/sweaty and some other of the bodily sensations.Its so uncomfortable to be like that whenever out in public... I am now finiding it harder and harder to leave My house.... I go for short walks the odd time but thats like literally 10 mins round the block then i come back and my tshirt is soaked from the sweat etc.. I just hate it... I had a psych app last week and the only reason I went is cause i knew I had too... I would have stayed here otherwise..... I live with My Mum and shes great about it... she understands because funnily enough she also many years ago had a panic disorder where she became home bound... I know it can be genetic and I think thats what scares me.... I was the most social and outgoing person you could meet,i never ever stayed in I as always out doing something and now I have totally went to the opposite.... She asks me to go out with her wheter its to the shopping centre or something or even a walk but i always refuse.... even when My friends ask me to meet for coffee or whatever I dont do it.... I do so want to but the fear is so bad im afraid that il have a full blown attack or pass out or something in public as I have felt that way in the past with this.....

I tried CBT a bit last year but didnt find it so effective.... the psych just suggested a new ssri so im switching to one called zoloft during the week when I see my gp.Even thinking about going to my docs app is scaring Me,il prob have to get a taxi down.... I just cant believe what has become of Me and am still in denial somewhat and beat myself up so much about not being able to do a simple task like go to the ****ing store down the road or a basic walk!!!! excuse my language.....

This is why I joined the forum so maybe others could tell me if they can relate somewhat to what I go through on a daily basis and how some of you maybe try to get through it..... Thank you .