always guilty

StealThis

I'm not sure if guilt is the right terminology but i mull over things over and over again. like if something happens during the day like an awkward situation or I made a mistake at work or something i can't just forget about it. Like i will not be able to sleep and get tons of anxiety and feel terrible. It happens to me all the time. Stupid things too.. like oh i filled out a form wrong and i won't be able to sleep. drives me nuts.

:?

Richey

Its possibly the biggest trigger for SA to bring people down, you have to learn to think of it as a steping stone so that you can cope with the situation better

loucat

i used to feel like that, used to tie myself up in knots reflecting on the days events and how i'd done something wrong, stupid etc. Not quite sure how i got past it, but recall thinking one day that although i'd made a mistake nobody got hurt or anything. SA tends to distort your thinking, making you feel everything is 10 times worse than it is. We're all human, nobody is perfect, stop beating yourself up. The above post is spot on for helping you get past this :D

Septor

I do that to.I know how you feel.I think its in inherent im most people with sa.Going over over a situation and worry about if you did something wrong.Its one of first thing they always tell you to work on because it is such a big trigger.

i feel guilty because i am bad to the bone and cant seem to be any other way. guilt, shame, self-loathing, fear. so much fear.