Am I the only one here who doesn't find themselves unattractive?

Am I the only person here who doesn't find themselves unattractive?

• Yes, you are

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Yes, possibly

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • No, but only a few don't

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • I am not unattractive

Votes: 53 43.1%

• Total voters

lyricalliaisons

Am I the only one here who doesn't find themselves unattractive?

Something that really saddens me on every single SA/SP & similar sites & forums that I have visited is that everyone seems to find themselves to be repulsively, repellingly ugly. Just from seeing most of your pictures, I can tell you that NONE of you are ugly & none of you have anything to worry about in that department, but still, I seem to be the only person on any site of this type that doesn't find myself completely unattractive. Despite what others may think when they look at me, the only problem I have with my looks is my weight, & that can be changed.

So, am I the only person here who doesn't think that they're unattractive?

coyote

I don't think I'm unattractive, but I'm not always happy with my appearance - always wishing I looked better, slimmer, taller, etc. There are times, when I look in the mirror and feel good about what I see, but then I catch a glimpse of my reflection later in the day, and think "Oh my god! Am I really that dorky?"

I agree that so many people on these forums are actually very good looking.

Last edited:
Honestly, sometimes I think that some people just fish for compliments while others genuinely dislike their appearance.

I agree. From the pictures I've seen, most are highly attractive and extremely good looking. I've yet to see anyone who falls into the ugly, unattractive, or even plain category.

seafolly

Honestly, sometimes I think that some people just fish for compliments while others genuinely dislike their appearance. If there is anything I hate...it's people self-effacing or feigning modesty in order to get compliments.

Here here.

I get very nervous about those photo threads worrying about how people perceive each post. That's why I've only posted in the one for silly shots! Even that was a stretch.

Personally I'm okay with how I look. Nothing extraordinary but not going to break any mirrors either! Photo threads, the normal ones, often go the same way. Person inserts photo, person tells viewers they think it's a bad photo or they're bad looking, the thread is followed up by a ton of reassurances and compliments. It's the same for any forum of any topic. Now, that said, I can appreciate how people could genuinely not see how attractive they really are in a forum of those with social anxiety. I can also appreciate how it might take some guts to post a photo. I'm just not a fan of that formula.

Edit: I think I've lost my mind. I didn't post a photo at all. HA.

Last edited:

Luke1993

I wouldn't say I'm ugly but I don't think I'm good looking at all. Even if I was I don't think I'd ever admit it because I'd feel arrogant and that's something I despise

Felgen

I don't feel ugly, I have a good rating at Hot or Not and can easily get a date, but there are still traits about my appearance that I'm dissatisfied about. Also, all the good looks in the world won't help unless you're confident.

I also agree that the original poster isn't ugly.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Sometimes I can almost believe I'm somewhat attractive. Like lately I'm sort of pleased with myself because I've been getting a lot of sun. I think to myself that maybe my appearance is like, neutral, or average, and my actions determine if I seem want-able.

Most times I can't stand how I look. There's stuff about my appearance that I don't see how others could not find repulsive. When I brush my teeth I always walk around the house so that I don't end up facing myself in the mirror the whole time.

Pookah

I think my appearance is improving weight-wise but I agonize over imperfections which make me feel like a cave troll pretty much constantly.

fitftw

the only thing not sexy about me is my extreme gorilla-like bodyhair and I bite my nails down so far that they bleed sometimes.

Avery

Re: moi, I think I'm about average-looking. I balded early, but I never liked my hair anyway. I've lost about 50 pounds in the past year, and am now at regular weight -- this has helped tremendously, especially in the facial area. I think I look better thin + bald than I ever did fat + full head of hair, so I suppose I'm better-looking now than I've been in six or seven years.

Like Felgen says, though, confidence is key, and that's never been my forte.

Serafina said:
Honestly, sometimes I think that some people just fish for compliments while others genuinely dislike their appearance. If there is anything I hate...it's people self-effacing or feigning modesty in order to get compliments. When a person does find themselves attractive, others don't seem to feel compelled to pay that person compliments. Not like they do when someone cries about how ugly they are.

This a gutsy thing to say, but I think you're right, and I'm glad you said it. It is pretty annoying.

guessed said:
I agree. From the pictures I've seen, most are highly attractive and extremely good looking. I've yet to see anyone who falls into the ugly, unattractive, or even plain category.

I agree, but it's also true that there's a self-selection process at hand. Most of the people posting their own photos believe they look good or at least decent, and they're usually right. People who feel themselves ugly (accurately or not) opt out.

Tiercel

...I agonize over imperfections which make me feel like a cave troll pretty much constantly.

Too bad we don't have mountains in south Jersey. Or we might be able to go looking for a cave and a cave troll. Now that's something I haven't seen in a while. Mountains.

Aside from referencing movies, I don't necessarily find myself unattractive as much as not attractive. More of a middle of the road blandness that bothers me much more than the distinction of being ugly ever would. Since I don't stand out I tend to blend into the background.

Great when birdwatching, but not so helpful when seeking human companionship.

:rolleyes:

harlseq

I don't think I'm unattractive. I've been trying to work out and gain some muscle tone/definition the past few months too and it's finally starting to pay off.

EscapeArtist

like you said, the only problem I have with myself is my weight. I do'nt find myself repulsive... but, when i'm not at my ideal weight I find myself repulsive despite the fact that I know my actual features aren't half bad. So, right now I find myself repulsive because i'm 10 pounds overweight, but I know that I do have a nice face otherwise... So I find myself both repulsive and attractive. Uhh. I'll put that as maybe.

KiaKaha

Banned
I dont think I am ugly, but not particularly attractive either. The only thing that bothers me about my appearance is how awkward and despondent I think I look (thats probably a cognitive internal thing tho). I do believe a persons physical attractiveness does to an extent determine how quickly other people can be won over and how others perceive you without knowing the facts first...thats why I try to be as non judgmental as possible to people.

I havent seen one "ugly" person on this site either,most of the girls on here are rather striking.. ahem..ladies..how are you... :) and a lot of the guys appear to be quite strong and confident looking...IMHO.

Last edited:

fitftw

the way I see it, you look the way you do for a reason. Just love yourself, even if nobody else does. Hard to do, I know. Just realize that nothing really matters.