Am i the only one ??

diesel

i have to write this to get it off my chest and find out if im the only one who thinks we live in a truly crap world ! maybe its my own disease or something but i hate the world we live in . i really wish i wasnt living in it , no lie . our world is GREED , there i said it . our world is driven by greed and we all suffer from it in one way or another because its all around us . everyone wants more , as soon as we get something we want more and more and more ! we never settle , enjoy or just stop ... its disgusting the levelof greed and how it runs the world . look at the problems in the world right now , greed is related to them in someway but our society indulges greed and fuels it !

u see i hate modern society , there is no respect , no honour , dignity or decency . our sociecty is a power-mad , greed-stricken fire that is consuming everything . nowadays celebrity culture is more important than people dying from starvation and disease . celebrity culture is treated with god-like status . this is wrong but ignored !

everyone is ONE . what i mean is this generation is taking the piss in its me , me , me . no longer do we care about the person beside us but only for ourselves , people watch crime taking place intead of trying to do the right thing and interveen . what ever happened to community service , or giving a damn about your neighbour ??

i cant stand it any longer , i refuse to take part in this sham any longer of a world , i will live my way . the other day i was in a great mood when i saw a man who was looking really down ! i casually said " you allright ? " and he replied " f**k off ! " ...... this is the way the worldis gone and i give up . people are ignorant , selfish and just horrible at times . we are falling further apart day by day . the world is run by the rich and fought by the poor , the rich get richer and the poor get poorer , this applies to almost everything today :( worst is we all subscribe to it and never fight it !

the world is going to come to an end one way or another and i cant wait ! something like it cannot go on , i am literally waiting for the day it all ends and when it does i will rejoice and celebrate because only then can something new and good be born . i look up at the stars and i wait , i dont fit in with this world and its ideals . i am an outsider but i accept it because i will never conforn and i will never be a part of it .

i am not perfect by any means , unfortunately i can be greedy , ignorant and bad as well . however i feel i am better than most because i kno if i ran the world it would be so different it would be unbelievable . i was thinking of goin into politics but was told it wouldnt work because i wouldnt work with the system , of course i wouldnt ! i would tear it apart and try to build something better . maybe im crazy , maybe im daydreaming but one thong i know for sure is this world and me do not mix .

i had to write this to see if i am the only one . unfortunately i am not good at expressing my thoughts or feelings so i apoligise if its confusing in any way . all i ask is that you read it and ask yourself am i right in anything i believe . i believe in honour , respect , courage , dignity , decency , love , caring , generosity and forgiveness . i try to live by these ideals however i too am flawed :( if anyone agrees with anything i wrote then great :D if not then that is the way it is .

* when i say WE i mean the general population
* i hope i have not offended anyone with what i have typed
* all of the above is strictly my opinion

Last edited:

Blaze

I am far too intoxicated too reply deeply, but damn man, you've summed up my outlook on life.

thecinderfly

No,your not the only one, the same things go through my mind
i believe in honour , respect , courage , dignity , decency , love , caring , generosity and forgiveness . i try to live by these ideals however i too am flawed
im glad to see somebody else shares the same ideals, kinda gives me hope(^_^)
thx for posting this, it reminded me of a few things i have forgotten lately

edit*
hope might not be the right word, but seeing that other people see this but me;that maybe it means more people are opening their eyes to it,
and i try to stay hopeful that humanity will strive to do better

Last edited:
The world has always been run by the greedy and powerful. I think that now because those two aspects have been sugar coated and wrapped in awesome shiny paper, they have become more acceptable.

highwire

But it's also a matter of acceptance. The world will always be corrupt and it's your job how you'll decide to cope. Are you just going to be in denial, which eventually leads you to depression? I think the majority of the world already accepts it and moves on, if you're going to live a happy life you have to understand that's it for your own benefit to to accept those facts.

Silvox Black

I agree with you my good sir...you see the irony and the cruel joke that life is. You sir, are an idealist. Living for the good that was never in true form, always in mind. Yet, you choose a sad fate. For the good, the honorable, the moral, are doomed to die. It is a simple fact of life that our world is deplorable, corrupt, immoral, and that is the truth. There is no force of change that can end human ignorance. There is nothing that anyone can do about it. For nothing can conquer human ignorance completely.

Sure someone comes along and speaks of equality, freedom, integrity, and we all bond and cling to it, and you know why? Because its what we dream of. All humans dream of it. All those people who we view as dark, evil, insane, they've simply learned to understand that the dream is only that. There is nothing but the wrongs of humanity, it is a constant that will never truly be changed. You have to learn to see that we can try and live as good as we want, try to change it as much as we want, but in the end, we are one lowly human in a universe that cares for nothing.

jare

Yes, there is much greed and ignorance in the world, and for a long time I focused on this as well. However it does no good to do so as most of these kinds of thoughts are not productive and will tend to just bring you down. In order to understand the world you have to understand yourself first. Remember that we are human beings. Flawed ones at that. Yes, many things are out of our control but we should be focusing on what is in our control, for this is where we can show our good qualities and make change for the better, even if it is just personal change. Don't focus on people who don't fit your views of what is good. There will always be people like that.

YouTube - Terence Mckenna - Culture is your operating system

Listen to that and tell me if I am the only one who gets shivers up my spine

"Culture is your operating system" by Terence McKenna. The guy is an absolute GOD!

Also just search his name an watch the Schizophrenia vid if you are interested, less relevant to this thread in specific but interesting to bring up on a forum such as this nonetheless ^.^

Somehow I believe that if they wipe my memory clean and place me in a different culture, I'd still be the person I am today in almost all respects. I'm running "Stranger in a strange land (omega version)"...

Remus

Staff member
Yes, there is much greed and ignorance in the world, and for a long time I focused on this as well. However it does no good to do so as most of these kinds of thoughts are not productive and will tend to just bring you down. In order to understand the world you have to understand yourself first. Remember that we are human beings. Flawed ones at that. Yes, many things are out of our control but we should be focusing on what is in our control, for this is where we can show our good qualities and make change for the better, even if it is just personal change. Don't focus on people who don't fit your views of what is good. There will always be people like that.

That's good advice :cool:

Yeah, this is a hard one. You can live a good honourable life but chances are
that you will suffer for it. I talk form experience here.
I mean the world is a pretty crappy place so you either live the way you want to,
the saying "If you have a warm heart, then you will need a though ass"
(because you will get kicked in it a lot) or you will have to be an opportunist.

This is where I think a lot of religious people have it all backwards.

Last edited:

diesel

thanks for the comments everyone and may i just say that video by Terence Mckenna is a breatdh of fresh air , thank you for uploading it :)

i have noticed someone posted that i should accept the world but i cant as if i do then i might as well not exist . to me accepting and becoming part of the "system" would be the ultimate betrayel . i like that i think differently to most , my mind is me and it refuses to accept . i know that my refusal will lead me to be an outsider but to me this is honourable and just for my person and is vital for me . i would sooner die than subscribe . can i make a difference ?? no , i cant . for me to make a difference i would have to take on the world as we know it , wothout sounding dramatic . this is something i cannot win unfortunately and i will not become a page in a history book of someone who stood for something better as that in itself is a joke , because these people never succeed :(

i do worry about humanity and were it has gone . i worry about what we have done wrong and what consequences await . however like i said i will rejoice when the end comes as this world is wrong and there is not other word for it really . it is nice to see people on here see the way i do which is great however i feel we are the minority . people say we are weird , depressed and wrong but i say that we can " see " . we are not the blind ones and we know !