Anxiety Afterward

OCD4Ever

I am a longtime victim of OCD. I have now tried to combat it by not giving in and denying the "tasks" or the compulsions that I "have to" follow. But I have massive anxiety attacks by not giving in. Does anybody else on the forum have this type of situation? If so, what do you do?

EXAMPLE: Tonight, while at the mall, I "had to" buy something but ended up not as a way to combat OCD. Now I'm having an anxiety attack over it.

Livingwithoutlivin

I have the same thing, I hate being in any public place with lots of people. I have am afraid to go to the cashier, because I know that I will make them feel uncomfortable and very ackward. I hate my life and I hate who I am. I don't want to be this way, it's pretty much over for me, when is god gonna take me away from this place? At the least I want to be shown how to overcome this awful curse that is like I can't control it.

durda_dan

Livingwithoutlivin said:
I have the same thing, I hate being in any public place with lots of people. I have am afraid to go to the cashier, because I know that I will make them feel uncomfortable and very ackward. I hate my life and I hate who I am. I don't want to be this way, it's pretty much over for me, when is god gonna take me away from this place? At the least I want to be shown how to overcome this awful curse that is like I can't control it.
you cna't say that. Everyone is good , and everyone is beautitul in their own way
don't hate yourself and who you are. you can re-direct your hate, preferably towards my old roomates who are total and uncontrolable twats

paul28

i had the reverse thing to me.at first panic attacs occured for a while and afterwards,obssesions consumed my brain(unwanted sexual thoughts mostly and kicking someones face).but as long as i had obssesion thoughts,panic attacs stopped existing in a major grade.Hope my post helped u a bit.