Anxiety and your eyes and mind

Biggybigs

Can your anxiety cause you to see white bludges,white flashes,black spludges and things catch your eyes easier like glares.Also does anyone ever feel like really confused and feel as though they can barely remember there name. And my vision also is constantly hazy and dream like which is very annoying when trying to do eveyday things.

One more question can Anxiety be increased alot due to too much heat and humitidy because I was out yesterday I got really hot sweaty and felt dizzy anxious and like I was going to pass out

Biggybigs

decadeOfSA said:
Hmm.. That seems like more than just anxiety IMO. I would see a doctor pronto.
Ive have had every test done and have had a brain scan.My doctor thinks its jus the anxiety

decadeOfSA

Biggybigs said:
decadeOfSA said:
Hmm.. That seems like more than just anxiety IMO. I would see a doctor pronto.
Ive have had every test done and have had a brain scan.My doctor thinks its jus the anxiety

That is pretty odd. I guess it "maybe" Conversion Disorder(I remember Freud talking about it in The Interpretation of Dreams), but still your symptoms sound odd for anxiety. Especially the "contant hazy vision". I assume you have seen an eye doctor and a psychiatrist? A neurologist would probably be a good idea, but I think I would see an eye doctor first if you haven't already. I think a lot of doctors dismiss what they can't diagnose as anxiety, because they can't figure out the real problem. Good luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3527.htm

ILuvHipHop

The anxiety I experience usually affects my vision... everything gets blurrier and I get increased glare and coloured halos around bright lights (mostly only noticeable at night). I havent been to an eye doctor to rule out if its something else because I keep telling myself I'll get it under control! which I feel I'm slowly doing.. and when my eyes get dry I get that hazy feeling because I'm looking through wateva has dried on my eyes.. so yes I think what your experiencing could be anxiety! Today I for the first time in ages I woke up feeling like I hadn't been sleeping... with plenty of energy and my eyes not being as dry as they usually are! The answer was reading before bed :wink: and less use of the computer throughout the day! I recommend you start some meditation for 30 minutes a day! I'm going to be starting as well to find some more peace and less anxiety! All the best

Emma

I have that same problem, except I see things like white flashes and sometimes I see like purple dots passing my eyes.
I also get really faint, it feels like it's really hot, even when it's actually really cold weather....hmmm

S

Flashes and vision problems can most definitely be caused by anxiety. Especially if you're worrying about them. The blurry, hazy vision you mentioned, it's a common symptom of anxiety as it is caused by the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide, with the effect caused by hyperventilating.
It's also common for anxiety to get worse in hot weather. I dont quite remember why, but there is a fact-based answer.

If you've had brain scans, then that would pick up on any major problems. And if your doctor says it's due to anxiety, they probably know best. From absolutely all of your posts I've read, it sounds like you fear illness and related things, so it makes complete sense that you would be getting these symptoms, which then causes more worry. It's a huge step to think that it could all just be anxiety, but it most probably is. I'm still going to recommend that you look up "Health Anxiety" because from what I've read, you match so much of the criteria.